RB-75B tracking bug?

Vyrtuoz

Sometimes for fun or out of necessity, I am firing RB-75B at air targets. It is an interesting weapon against slow / non-maneuverable targets, also because it cannot be easily jammed…

The other day, I have tried against a head to head MiG-23, and I was surprised to see that the RB-75 was able to track a target which moved in its back!

I am not sure about the official tracking of this weapon, but I would be surprised the real Maverik has be made to track far away from its intended target point which is usually a building or a tank.

I have attached the flight as well as a screenshot which demonstrate the problem.

Also, I believe that the MiG-23 is also cheating on that matter, because I don’t believe a real pilot would have be aware of the incoming AGM-65. But I guess this is another more general bug...

RB-75B-Tracking-360.thumb.jpg.380386d905ac1ec0fcf07164422c1743.jpg

Tacview-20200830-161430-Bug-RB-75B.txt.zip

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I wonder if the A-10 mavericks can do the same.

They can't and neither can the Hornet nor Harrier Mavericks. This behaviour is esclusive to the Viggen Mavericks. Why that is, I don't know :dunno:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ooops, I missed that post. Marvelous video :thumbup:

I wonder if the A-10 mavericks can do the same. And if they work fine, why on earth the Viggen does not use the exact same weapon, just renamed?!

We do, there is just a hard-coded oddity with DCS that prevents us from using the maverick guidance. We are working with ED to fix that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]