I miss the reputation greenies

Mainstay

I think they were removed because they were being abused. Someone would get a bunch of his cronies to rep him. It wasn't really based on merit in a lot of cases. But in some cases, it was.

No matter what you'd do or where you're at, there's always that cheeky git. Giving in to him is the wrong way to go.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

I dont miss them, used to get so many PM's from users upset about the system.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:D Did removing the reputation stop the PM's of "upset users"?:lol::smartass:

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm glad they went, even though I have wanted to +rep people occasionally.

I find they tend to bias peoples' opinions of a post due to the user who posted rather than the content.

I'd be tempted to remove postcount and join date in the little box on the left for the same reason.

Focus on the post, not the user's other attributes.

I did like the reputation system, but it certainly had its flaws. Most importantly, rep was given to users, not posts. While I might strongly agree with a user for one post or thread, I might also strongly disagree with that user on another post or thread. If it was possible to upvote/downvote posts instead of users, that might work better.

Anyway, instead of -repping users that I strongly dislike, nowadays I just add them to my ignore list. That is definitely a quality of life improvement. :D

Anyway, instead of -repping users that I strongly dislike, nowadays I just add them to my ignore list. That is definitely a quality of life improvement. :D

+1 :thumbup:

I actually would have left this Forum long ago if it didn't have the ignore facility.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

:lol: My ignore list is almost a members list, I have to scroll down to see all the names :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I find they tend to bias peoples' opinions of a post due to the user who posted rather than the content.

That was a part of it, imo, yes. And I liked it that way. But I considered myself as, hrm, "responsible repper". I tried to spread +rep generously and -rep only very deliberately in very special cases. The idea behind this was to make it easier to recognize posts of members that have proven to be an asset to the community - and to warn people of trolls and other kind of overboarding negativity before they spend too much time of not only reading but maybe even trying to argue with such individuals. Even for the poster himself it sometimes seemed to be a wake-up call when they saw their own rep and realized that maybe they were it who were on the wrong track ...

In the end, a red box or a green box was never a dead end road. But, yeah, for proven trolls it sometimes involved a bit of work to get rid of that embarrasing red dot and others didn't really care. Unless they were so embarassed of themselfs, anyone could still keep posting anyways. It had in the end no real consequences.

In the end, a red box or a green box was never a dead end road.

Can't remember who it was, but someone got negative rep'd by yoyo, which was the equivalent of a nuclear strike. Not a bad guy either, but that one down vote meant he couldn't recover because of the way the system worked.

Upvoting and downvoting posts is the way to go. Upvoting and downvoting people is not logical.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Can't remember who it was, but someone got negative rep'd by yoyo, which was the equivalent of a nuclear strike. Not a bad guy either, but that one down vote meant he couldn't recover because of the way the system worked.

Yes, perhaps the system was not perfect, but maybe it was not the idea behind it that was wrong. Maybe it was just lacking some balancing, i.e. to avoid "rep tanks" with 100 times the rep power than any average community member. Iirc many of such rep tanks got their ... fire power in the early days when gaining rep points was easier / too easy.

But ok, maybe balancing all aspects of the old rep system would be as much as a task as balancing PvP in DCS ...

Back in my day we didn't have a voting system. We had to keep track of whose opinions we valued and who we considered a complete moron all by ourselves!

ROFL touché

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Weren't they taught not to take drugs? icon_redface.gif

My ignore list is empty. Is it really that bad?

Mine too. I've got a great scroll wheel that works very well with little physical input icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg