How to Find Ground Targets With Out Game Symbolidgy Turned On

melchionda

Hi folks. I'm new here. As my first plane I am learning the AT10C. I've gotten pretty decent at flying the thing and learning the various systems, still a long way to go through. Anyway... I'm flying various missions to learn this stuff and to make it more realistic I would like to turn off the red and blue tooltips that are out in the world (the ones that show you where various friends and foes are.) But if I turn them off how do I find the enemy? I realize that in some circumstances you have smoke that marked the target... or a laser pointer. In that case I get it. But if you don't have that what do you have? Sometimes I hear chatter from other AI pilots calling out distance and vectors to ground targets so my question would be... what is that based on? Is that always based on the bullseye?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You have thumbled to very big topic that is a lot discussed here about spotting units etc.

For a short advice I would recommend to enabling Labels (you talk about Labels system) and use it first to understand what is going around. Then change the Labels to "Dot Only" mode, so you can still learn the aircraft systems and procedures and still track enemies by other sources of information until you start to learn how and when things happens.

Then in later on you can start to turn labels off, once you know your systems that via what sources you gain the information for the enemies.

As you should learn to be good with radio, visually spotting enemies, knowing your flight plan and most engagement rules against various threats that you are suppose to destroy.

So a lot of times you are there "blind" with limited information and if you wander on area where you don't know is an dangerous enemy, you get shot down very easily.

The DCS doesn't yet model the information transmissions correctly. So you are not getting radio calls that you should be hearing and receiving, you are not able to create situational awareness by listening radios that what happens around etc.

So you are very much under mercy of the mission designer ways to do things and that's all.

You can simply bind the labels On/Off to easy access button so you can keep it Off and in time of confusion to turn it On so you can get your situational awareness corrected.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You have thumbled to very big topic that is a lot discussed here about spotting units etc.

For a short advice I would recommend to enabling Labels (you talk about Labels system) and use it first to understand what is going around. Then change the Labels to "Dot Only" mode, so you can still learn the aircraft systems and procedures and still track enemies by other sources of information until you start to learn how and when things happens.

Then in later on you can start to turn labels off, once you know your systems that via what sources you gain the information for the enemies.

As you should learn to be good with radio, visually spotting enemies, knowing your flight plan and most engagement rules against various threats that you are suppose to destroy.

So a lot of times you are there "blind" with limited information and if you wander on area where you don't know is an dangerous enemy, you get shot down very easily.

The DCS doesn't yet model the information transmissions correctly. So you are not getting radio calls that you should be hearing and receiving, you are not able to create situational awareness by listening radios that what happens around etc.

So you are very much under mercy of the mission designer ways to do things and that's all.

You can simply bind the labels On/Off to easy access button so you can keep it Off and in time of confusion to turn it On so you can get your situational awareness corrected.

Well, you use the litening pod or your eyes to find the targets, if you know vaguely where they should be. Active radars show up on the rwr as another hint. All in all it's just your luck and spotting skills.

Otherwise you can do as Fri13 suggested to ease the learning curve.

Wysłane z mojego MI MAX 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka