MiG-23MLA external model WIP

OverStratos

Wait, so by your rational an unfinished early access module should no longer be updated with models that represent what would be a polished final product because the artists need to focus on new modules that are not released? I can understand working on some new models and then going back to update the current early access models, especially since the EA modules are still buggy and need work on the code side before they can even start coding new modules. Unless of course you have determined that the EA modules are done enough and the coders can move on to new modules now too.

:thumbup:

Intel core i7 960 3.2GHz LGA 1366, DDR3 1333 24GB, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 1190Mhz (4Gb GDDR5)

Well. Vote with your wallet. I know i will.
That's what I have done and will continue to do so until the Harrier finally comes out of early access with a full manual and the aircraft being feature complete and in the main bug free. That meant no purchase of the Mig-19 and will mean no purchase of the Falklands Map or the Mig-23, or the F-15E, or the Pucara, or the Lightening and all these other modules in the elongated pipeline of Razbam. I wish them every success in bringing to fruition these over the horizon modules but I will not own a increasingly burgeoning stable of incomplete modules.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Thats alright. Ill buy the Strike Eagle and Flogger for you.

Not FOR YOU.. for me, but in honor

i wouldnt trade my Harrier and Mirage for any other module. The only reason i dont have the MiG19, is the lack of ammo it carries. The module, is beyond good.

Each time I visit this thread I imagine having a damage model as detailed as the 3D model…

Or avionics... Or missiles... Or an FM...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Or avionics... Or missiles... Or an FM...

Is this an habit? I came to realize that you´re always doubting on these aspects.

Is there anything you think is wrong in the MiG-19 to always doubt of how accurate the modeling of systems and flight model will be in the MiG-23?

If there´s nothing and accuracy of these aspects has been proved to be right once and again, why still the doubts?

I just need to know, that way I can focus on those that care and avoid the people that like to run in endless circles.

every time i see this thread i despair imagining it draped in the mig-19's arma3-modder-tier textures

So, just to be sure,

In your opinion these textures are Arma 3 modder level and not to the standard DCS requires?

xFs4Qqn.jpg

UQ4ZOw5.jpg

If that´s the case I´m sorry that you consider that. These textures were reviewed by several illustrators, photographers and pilots and they considered they were good and it´s why they were included. In any case we will try to improve even more for the MiG-23 so you can like them this time.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Why even take the time to respond to such a nonsense post?

Precisely

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

just because you guys are blind doesn't mean the elephant doesn't exist.

when i say mig-19 texture suck, i don't mean they 'don't have enough detail', it's that the details are poorly executed. ao seems suspect, the bumpmaps are crude, the entire thing looks like its made of concrete.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237820&stc=1&d=1590859889

this isn't weathered painted metal, this is colored concrete.

it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

its not a showstopper though and im not gonna be like "im not gonna buy it if it's not made with photogrammetry", i just think that this doesn't quite reach even the baseline artistic standard set by ed in the mig-15 or f-5 (as many complaints as those get; while simplistic, they are solid artistically). i think whoever is doing the textures is trying too hard, in the wrong areas. instead of highlighting strengths while disguising weaknesses, a lot of the 'canned' weathering only serves to draw attention in undesirable ways.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237821&stc=1&d=1590861418

i take issue with the rendering of the weathering too, and it all looks pretty unrealistic because irl each individual area weathers in a unique way. you can't just apply bird droppings to every edge and call it a day.

Screen_200530_132642.png.d9e3c432b67693c76cb2a29e9dfeb724.png

canbow_det.thumb.png.cba5943877b8ca211620442a27698b79.png

Edited by probad

this isn't weathered painted metal, this is colored concrete.

You know what´s the problem with painted stuff? That after sometime it turns a little hard to know which one is the material below that paint. Maybe you don´t know, but fighter cockpits get really weathered, again, really weathered and the paint get weird characteristics.

If I show this part alone. Would you know which material is below the paint?

rPqGs9X.jpg

If you tell me you do, sorry if it is hard to believe.

Here you have the entire pic from where that part belongs:

W5STjZl.jpg

Another "concrete" cockpit example:

CbOkCk1.jpg

Yeah, but that´s a museum/stored piece that is extra weathered, well, here you have one from an operational MiG-23 at the time:

53M5YBu.jpg

it's not about what the irl material is, it's about what your materials look like. your cockpit doesn't look like painted wood or metal. the bumpmaps are too strong. pitting and scratches that irl would be fractions of a millimeter you make look millimeter+ deep and so it all looks sandblasted to hell and back. you have a resolution limit on your texture, if you can't do details of a certain fineness, you should try to avoid them or approach them differently.

in the end your cockpit simply doesn't look and feel like the photographs you're posting. if you can't see that then there's no point but i assure you there's a reason why heatblur's art draws eyes and yours doesn't.

don't worry though ill still buy the mig-23 because its the only game in town. im just saying theres room for improvement if you've got the resources.

Edited by probad

Sorry, but that´s your opinion then. I heard it and answered, but I don´t agree.

As I told before, many that know about this reviewed the cockpit and liked it. You also have real examples presented to you that somehow you don´t think that look alike.

You also have two more different cockpit liveries to choose as well, unless you also think that those are not good too.

no lol i would rather accept what i think is flawed artistry than replace it with someone else's, i respect your work at least that much.

sorry to pull it so far from the topic but i only felt so pained because i was reminded of how good the mig-19 hipoly renders looked to me before. i only wished that textures would do justice to your meshes.

Edited by probad

You also have real examples presented to you that somehow you don´t think that look alike.

Well, they don't look a like.

The game one has very high bump mapping applied, while the real ones are very flat because soft light. The detailing is grudge on the game one, while in reality it is very smooth, unless you get paint tearing from the material because various other reasons, but those typically are either then chipped off, pulverized or gets crystalized because rust and so on for various reasons.

But what do I know, after working decades with paints and materials.... And computer graphics and modeling.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You guys are silly. The Razbam models are exquisite.

The proof? It triggers OCD! Using a magnifier to question depth of the paint chipping.. *blink*

I mean, if this model triggers people to start talking about the governing dynamics of paint or how many coats of paint is historically accurate, Youve got a Winner.

And it is a winner. The only reason i havent gotten the MiG19 is the real world problem of ammo count (and im broke as sin) Maybe the next sale.

The real area that Razbam shines is the flight model, that Harrier is awesome and the flight model had to be problematic to write. Or flip the VRILLE switch in the Mirage.

I regularly down 16's and 14's in my Mirage. If that F15 and Flogger have a flight model comparable to the other modules? and it looks like the 19? ..i might have a conniption fit.

a conniption fit of JOY.. that is.

no lol i would rather accept what i think is flawed artistry than replace it with someone else's, i respect your work at least that much.

sorry to pull it so far from the topic but i only felt so pained because i was reminded of how good the mig-19 hipoly renders looked to me before. i only wished that textures would do justice to your meshes.

I’m pretty sure they are made by Razbam and come with the module default, the clean cockpit for example, I thought that was what was meant

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Artists' life :lol:

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

You guys are silly. The Razbam models are exquisite.

The proof? It triggers OCD! Using a magnifier to question depth of the paint chipping.. *blink*

I mean, if this model triggers people to start talking about the governing dynamics of paint or how many coats of paint is historically accurate, Youve got a Winner.

And it is a winner. The only reason i havent gotten the MiG19 is the real world problem of ammo count (and im broke as sin) Maybe the next sale.

The real area that Razbam shines is the flight model, that Harrier is awesome and the flight model had to be problematic to write. Or flip the VRILLE switch in the Mirage.

I regularly down 16's and 14's in my Mirage. If that F15 and Flogger have a flight model comparable to the other modules? and it looks like the 19? ..i might have a conniption fit.

a conniption fit of JOY.. that is.

Well. You do get points for the second most amusing response here.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Cockpit on the 19 looks fantastic looking forward to the MiG-23!

Yeah, lets just hope they spend more time on the FM and avionics.