[W.I.P] Comparison of nightly cockpits: before and after recent update

wernst

I think it looks realistic. Seems alright to me and I don't have too much of a problem seeing at night. Sometimes it's difficult but that's how it was in RL too. The lettering on the panels should be brighter and sharper. The fire lights are a bit dim.That could use a little boost. I've been in real bomber cockpit at night with panel lighting on and it is dark in there. You can't see much except the lettering.

Gamma: 1.8

Cockpit Global illumination: OFF

Dynamic Contrast:OFF

Mode:Standard

LED:MSI AG32C

I also love the general look and feel of the new cockpit. Having the raindrops on the canopy is fantastic and the internal detailing is incredible. I can spend ages just admiring the rivets! But I’m having great trouble reading the panel text in VR, which I didn’t before. I think there are several reasons for this. I always, day and night, use full backlighting to make the text more contrasty and - as much discussed here - the backlighting is much weaker in this iteration. I agree the text seems less sharp, even when I zoom in, but I get the impression it’s smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Well, schurem - those were wise words indeed! What a fantastic update. Well worth the wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Glad you like it, some may need to tweak their gamma now to suit.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Let's talk about panel lighting in a couple weeks when 2.5.6 hits.

You nailed it sir, now the panel lighting has been fixed - but the steam gauges and cockpit canopy become "frosted" when formation lights are set to anything above 50% intensity.

Glad you like it, some may need to tweak their gamma now to suit.

Thanks

Yes, slight gamma adjustment made the lighting look even better than initial test of 2.5.6 - but certainly plenty of other bugs/kinds introduced to address. Such is life. Also, sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Nice update. Only formation light and taxi/landing lights bug, but already reported.

Warning panel light could still be a little more readable in daylight.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi

I have read all of it and must say that in stable version cockipt A-10C in VR is still too dark. With out turn on flood light it is almoust inpossible to see panels switches and buttons.

And HUD visibilites on light sky is almoust unreadable