BSD looking for US rotorheads!

BaD CrC

Blacksharkcustom3small.png

Hi all,

It's been a challenge for some time now to find a squad based in the US (or more generally in the GMT-5/-6/-7 time zones) that is not flying A10C, and even harder to find a group of DCS pilots interested in rotary wings willing to regularly fly coop missions during normal non business hours (evenings weekdays) within a structured/adult group.

So I setup this group (I am not really calling this a squad) and see if this can help bringing together this very rare breed of pilots in this part of the World. Great coop missions can start with as little as 3 or 4 pilots!

Check out :

Now this looks right up my alley! Will be in touch. East Coast US here as well. I am nowhere near a pro in any of the helos, but am a fast learner. And have been considering looking for a "squadron" to fly with. And I do lean towards the KA-50/Mi-8. But the Hip and its VRS have been giving me troubles lately. Will get better with time.

Edited by CrimsonGhost

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Sounds like you're wanting to do what TAW does. We have a mandatory every Sunday at 8 PM EST. Don't always do co-op, but I'd say it's about 90%. This past Sunday I and 3 other rotor heads tried to capture Nal'chk.

You should hit us up at the event time. I'm sure the rest of the boys wouldn't mind having additional chaps to fly with.

Me personally, I find co-op fun, but I like fighting over a contested area against human opponents best. Blueflag everyday all day when it's running!

I don't fly the 8 but I do fly both the shark and the Huey:joystick: drop me a line..lol I'll fly with you guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Sounds like you're wanting to do what TAW does. We have a mandatory every Sunday at 8 PM EST. Don't always do co-op, but I'd say it's about 90%. This past Sunday I and 3 other rotor heads tried to capture Nal'chk.

You should hit us up at the event time. I'm sure the rest of the boys wouldn't mind having additional chaps to fly with.

Me personally, I find co-op fun, but I like fighting over a contested area against human opponents best. Blueflag everyday all day when it's running!

Thanks for the invitation BodyOrgan.

Well, weekends is not the best for me as it takes on the family time. Flying on weekdays night when everybody is sleeping makes me feel less guilty. :closedeyes::joystick:

The BSD site is pretty much focused on DCS rotaries so it is really a very small subset of what TAW is doing overall.

I kinda like coop flight and not much pvp, unless there are some CA guys to make the ground units behaving more realistically.

If we can get BSD with three or four well trained pilots, why not dropping off some day at one of you guys sessions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm East coast, a Black shark pilot (off line for three years now) but now looking to do something online. I'd say I'm still a noob at it. I can cold start it fast, fly it, land it and use the weapons but I lack the on line knowledge needed in DCS world. I need to fly with other rotor heads to learn. Let me know if you're willing to take a sort of noobie into your group.

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I'm East coast, a Black shark pilot (off line for three years now) but now looking to do something online. I'd say I'm still a noob at it. I can cold start it fast, fly it, land it and use the weapons but I lack the on line knowledge needed in DCS world. I need to fly with other rotor heads to learn. Let me know if you're willing to take a sort of noobie into your group.

Well, it seems like you got the basics. The online part, well you just need to know how to use Teamspeak and we'll let you know everything else!

Looking forward to see you flying with us!

• 5 weeks later...

US East Coast Ka-50 pilot here, will check out the Den. looking for others who may be interested in flying online campaigns such as BuddySpike Blue Flag 6. I did BlueFlag 5 but was solo most of the time as not many rotorheads on TS when I was up.

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I am trying to get back into the Black Shark and wouldn't mind flying with others. I am also pretty proficient in the Huey not so much for the Gazelle or the Hip but as long as it has rotors I can probably fly it.:smilewink:

Edited by Eagle_Rising

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Is teh BSD folks willing to join in Operations hosted by other squads?

We have about 5 Huey pilots and Gazelle that fly our missions. I want to do some Air Assault missions with human controlled CA.