Aeroshell

F2 View works:

model={
lods={
	{"L-39_C.edm",50000.000000};

};
collision_shell="L-39_C-collision.edm";
}

If that issue is caused by the LOD system, that should fix the issues.

Original file:

model={
lods={
	{"L-39_C.edm",30.000000};
	{"L-39_C_LOD1.edm",95.000000};
	{"L-39_C_LOD2.edm",500.000000};
	{"L-39_C_LOD3.edm",700.000000};
	{"L-39_C_LOD4.edm",50000.0};

};
collision_shell="L-39_C-collision.edm";
}

Thank you! Seems to work just fine now! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone,

I've noticed since I first purchased the module, that the DCS L-39's accelerated stall behavior is different from my own personal experience in the real thing.

At first, I was willing to chalk it up to me doing the km/h to knot conversions in my head wrong (again, based on my experience), but even getting the aircraft up to speed for certain maneuvers, like a loop, seems off.

I have to dive the aircraft in game to pretty much gain the required airspeed or level off and fly quite some time between maneuvers. That is not something I remember having to do in real life. Even with all that, pulling off a clean loop in game for me is still a struggle.

Anybody else notice this?

There's a thread on this

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149824

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

I read the other thread and I concur that this airplane stalls WAY too easily compared to the real thing.

Might just be that I have far more ability to over-control the aircraft because a joystick is basically fly-by-wire, but it still doesn't feel at all like the real thing.

This goes back to my statement that none of the planes in DCS seem to have any "weight" or "momentum" to them... they prance around far too much for something that weighs 10,000 lbs and has (literally) tons of air flowing over them.

We (The Virtual Black Diamond Jet Team) have noticed when flying formation aerobatics that when doing a loop we have to dive quite a bit as you said. When we watch a video of the real team doing the loop they do not dive hardly at all. On another note, while doing loops with the L-39_C.lods In the CoreMods/aircraft/L-39/Shapes folder we encounter a bug when I am in slot position I get sucked up into lead. This only happens ~10-15 degrees past vertical. and it causes him to wing still to the left. But when we remove the L-39_C.lods that bug does not happen. This does not seem realistic to us. The bug seems to be a problem with the .lods as when you remove it no bug. When it is placed back the bug happens untill it is removed again. If this were the case in real life (the wing stall bug), L-39 aerobatic teams would not be able to do loops at all. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149824 see this thread)

My PC Specs: | Mobo:ASUS Maximus IX Hero | CPU: i7 7700K @5.0 | RAM:32GB Corsair DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB | Storage: 2TB WD Black, 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD | OS:Windows 10 Pro

Peripherals | :HOTAS:TM Warthog | Head tracking:Oculus Rift | Pedals: MFG Crosswind

but it still doesn't feel at all like the real thing

And not only is it FBW but the throw is too short anyway, unless you extend the stick yourself. So what you need is curves... like it or not.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Why don't you guys record tracks with Tackview and watch the telemetry better there? Isn't it good enough? (like the recorded telemetry is not 100% true?)

Watching the video and trying to "falsify" your conclusion I can say that the lead aircraft seems to always fly a tighten turn so it would stall first maybe. Also when flying solo on that EDGE you might not have a good reference point (as when flying in formation) about when you stepped on the line or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least