Constant TERNAV errors, mainly with landing airport

Herastean

Hello there.

Been picking up the viggen again lately. I'm having troubles with the TERNAF.

Quite alot of times, after flying for a little bit, I'll start having some drift, which is OK because I can just realign the radar poisition myself.

My main problem is that sometimes my waypoints remain OK, but my landing airport simply flies off the map.

Any idea whay might be causing such a massive drift?

Thanks

Can you post a track file of this happening?

I've never experienced something like that :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello there.

Been picking up the viggen again lately. I'm having troubles with the TERNAF.

Quite alot of times, after flying for a little bit, I'll start having some drift, which is OK because I can just realign the radar poisition myself.

My main problem is that sometimes my waypoints remain OK, but my landing airport simply flies off the map.

Any idea whay might be causing such a massive drift?

Thanks

Hm, are your controllers configured correctly?

I am asking because maybe T0, T1 or TV are pressed accidentally by the controller which you might not got notice of, which would by consequence shift your whole flight plan by the value of the distance of the selected waypoint to the current position where TV is pressed.

I think one guy in the past posted a similar problem with "unexplainable" happenings, and in the end his controller initiated actions he was not aware of :D

It was this one here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237332

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Just happenned again, here is what happenned :

I was in ANF mode for a bombing run.

I deliver my weapons and select "L2" so I can go toward my landing spot.

I align with that position and now I select "NAV" and immediatly my waypoints jump around.

I think this is whay may be causing it. I should probably switch to "NAV" before changing my waypoint. I believe that this is what have been causing my TERNAV errors.

Also... How do I get you this file you wanted? First time I post about technical difficulties regarding the planes rather than the program.

Edited by Herastean

Just happenned again, here is what happenned :

I was in ANF mode for a bombing run.

I deliver my weapons and select "L2" so I can go toward my landing spot.

I align with that position and now I select "NAV" and immediatly my waypoints jump around.

I think this is whay may be causing it. I should probably switch to "NAV" before changing my waypoint. I believe that this is what have been causing my TERNAV errors.

Also... How do I get you this file you wanted? First time I post about technical difficulties regarding the planes rather than the program.

Why do you select L2 and not L1? L2 is your secondary landing waypoint (the divert field), while L1 is your primary landing waypoint.

I'm not sure if L2 has assigned coordinates by default (I never really use L2). So probably that's the issue: L2 has no coordinates assigned and hence your nav instruments are all over the place when L2 is selected.

Use L1 instead ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I keep L1 as my starting airport, as in a safe spot to go deep into my territory.

If a closer airport is available, I input its number as L2 to go there and rearm quicker.

I have already tried to switch to L2 without having me input it... It does nothing wrong, the computer just sticks to L1.

I think that this was my problem. Been using the RB75 alot those days and it does seem to be a little tricky sometimes with it failing to "re-align" and so I end up hitting "TV FIX" too early or... Just that problem I've explained before. Changing waypoint before going "NAV" again.