AB detent option?

Donut

I 3D printed a push-through AB detent for the Warthog because I didn't want to have to lift the throttles every time.

For those who don't have a throttle that can accept an AB detent, another solution might be to stick a small piece of rubber or something on the throttle base, such as it touches the throttles as they move past it. That way, you feel some resistance when you reach it and you realize you're hitting your AB detent.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I 3D printed a push-through AB detent for the Warthog because I didn't want to have to lift the throttles every time.

Another option is to just get out a small file or knife and shave off a mm or so off the top of the Hog's detent — it's really all the difference between having to lift and being able to push through.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Another option is to just get out a small file or knife and shave off a mm or so off the top of the Hog's detent — it's really all the difference between having to lift and being able to push through.
Yeah, that too. It's just that my throttle is still under warranty and I didn't want to mess with it. And I had a 3D printer handy. (The question is, would TM have refused the warranty if the detent was filed down?)

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I have a sneaky suspicion that they know their users and the use of their hardware better than to believe the “it got worn down from all the AB:ing, honestly!” excuse :P

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 2 weeks later...

What is wrong with just implementing the Falcon 4.0 option of the user setting an AB position on the travel range of their particular throttle. Probably one of the best control mapping options ever that has been continually ignored. Does Microprose have a patent on it or something?

So much this!

And can we have the same for the Hornet as well please :) ?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, ED looks at this thread and offers various options for an afterburner detent to accomadate the many different throttles that are used. The more options the better!

Another option that I hope ED offers is to have the AB detent button be bindable to an axis as well. It is currently not possible with the Hornet in the DCS controls menu.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Is this a part I can get through shapeways?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I found it online, I think on here https://www.thingiverse.com . It's been a while though. If I find the file again, I can post it here.

-

I use this... identical to the stock WH part but allows push-through.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Used this and got a friend to print it.

Works perfect with Hornet and MIL/AB push through.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3163168

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• 1 month later...

How about "threshold" marking on the throttle curve?

where AB kicks in and where the cut-off is (must have threshold cutoff for all the pit builders).

(Axis cutoff as a special option would be excellent)

It will help fine tune the curve. we park the throttle in IDLE and tune the curve to be just above the cutoff. then do the same to MIL.

it will be helpfull for all aircrafts of course, not just viper.

Ab detent option?Are you guys talking about key config that lets you go from mil to afterburner?

What happens if you are at a full mil power and you want to go full afterburner?You press the key and nothing happens.Instead u have to bring throttle down and than up again to get afterburner.Has that been fixed?

Heatblur got it right:thumbup:

Ab detent option?Are you guys talking about key config that lets you go from mil to afterburner?

What happens if you are at a full mil power and you want to go full afterburner?You press the key and nothing happens.Instead u have to bring throttle down and than up again to get afterburner.Has that been fixed?

Heatblur got it right:thumbup:

This is a very important feature for those of us without a physical AB detent on our HOTAS. I am anxiously awaiting to see what ED implements?

How does Heatblur do it? Other than hearing a sound when the detent is reached (while it is very helpful, has been determined to be unrealistic), have they implemented something else?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

This is a very important feature for those of us without a physical AB detent on our HOTAS. I am anxiously awaiting to see what ED implements?

How does Heatblur do it? Other than hearing a sound when the detent is reached (while it is very helpful, has been determined to be unrealistic), have they implemented something else?

Nope.

Also TBH the 'clicking' sound doesn't really help you at all - as the throttle is making all manner of clicking and clacking noise throughout pretty much the entire range.

You also don't even get any sort of Fuel Flow indication of AB either - only nozzle position. I am quite lucky as I use a Jetseat so I can feel the AB rumble.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you mean other than sound?Is that not enough?

I do have option to use physical detent but i choose not to.

I fly all the planes and helis on a semi regular bases.Don't need detent on a collectivesmilewink.gif.

I have just hoped that they have fixed behavior of ab key.

Instead i will continue to use the feel for it(such as it is).

P.S:Regarding realism..ab key is not realistic either..is it?

5:40 mark..you do hear it don't you

Edited by Void78

Nope.

Also TBH the 'clicking' sound doesn't really help you at all - as the throttle is making all manner of clicking and clacking noise throughout pretty much the entire range.

You also don't even get any sort of Fuel Flow indication of AB either - only nozzle position. I am quite lucky as I use a Jetseat so I can feel the AB rumble.

Funny,for me,in Viggen and F 14 it really helps.And u do not hear clicking and clacking noise throughout pretty much the entire range;only at first 10% first click,and at 100% second(in a Tomcat).

I guess it is a matter of personal preference.

As was already sugested, a simple threshold mark in the axis setting page would go a long way. Bonus points if we get the option to custumize the threshold, getting that custom curve just right can get a bit annoying.

Got ya.Like in another sim that shall not be named:music_whistling: