Can i hide the stick?

exile2256

It would be cool to get a setting to start with the stick hidden like some other modules do.

Not really worth the time to code that, you can simply press backspace. We also want to see it as an incentive to fly with the stick, if headtracking device is being used, as coping with having to look around is part of the Tomcat experience (and was so in real life.) Making the stick hideable is meant as a help for ppl without headtracking device.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We also want to see it as an incentive to fly with the stick, if headtracking device is being used, as coping with having to look around is part of the Tomcat experience (and was so in real life.) Making the stick hideable is meant as a help for ppl without headtracking device.

I'm not sure the experience is really realistic with headtracking either, since it's still only a single point of view. I imagine it's less of a problem in real life or in VR than it is looking at a monitor.

It would be cool to get a setting to start with the stick hidden like some other modules do.

I believe there is a setting in the "Gameplay" options to hide control stick that is not module-based, I haven't used it so I'm not sure what it accomplishes, but might be what you're looking for.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

The experience will be even more realistic when Heatblur finally adjusts the stick position to match real world ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The solution is there guys: press backspace. While we always have your comfort in mind and like to add as many options as possible - afterall, you have to decide how you want to play - we think in this case simply pressing a key at the beginning of your flight or whenever you need it, is not too much to ask. Certain inputs require coding, and while it is not that much time, it still stacks. And in this case, in my opinion unnecessarily so. However, since what you guys think matters much more than what I think, we will keep it in the back of our mind and revisit it at the very end. No promise though. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Not really worth the time to code that, you can simply press backspace. We also want to see it as an incentive to fly with the stick, if headtracking device is being used, as coping with having to look around is part of the Tomcat experience (and was so in real life.) Making the stick hideable is meant as a help for ppl without headtracking device.

You know full well the model is currently in the wrong position and needs corrected, so this comment isn't constructive and kinda seems rude.

It's too far forward making it ridiculous to try and look around it.

Edit: but I wanted to add I agree that adding the option to start without the stick is a waste of limited resources given how easy it is to press backspace

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Edit: but I wanted to add I agree that adding the option to start without the stick is a waste of limited resources given how easy it is to press backspace

I think you misunderstood me a bit: that is all I was referring to. Or in other words, since you can just press backspace, imo the ressources are better used to adjust the stick position (that was not what I meant with my comment). It will then still remain difficult, and hence the incentive to keep it in hindsight for that. But ofc we don't want to tell anyone how to play, that is up to you guys. That's why we put the backspace option in. :)

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

You know full well the model is currently in the wrong position and needs corrected, so this comment isn't constructive and kinda seems rude.

It's too far forward making it ridiculous to try and look around it.

I disagree. Everything should be done properly and solved, not worked around. Hitting backspace on mission start is bad design when you have show pilot controls option in the base sim settings. Modules should adhere to the same design principles. Razbam think its perfectly fine to have MFD exports disabled and provide two undefined keybindings so we have to turn them on every mission.

Hitting backspace is not the solution. It's also a pretty trivial programming task.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I disagree. Everything should be done properly and solved, not worked around. Hitting backspace on mission start is bad design when you have show pilot controls option in the base sim settings. Modules should adhere to the same design principles. Razbam think its perfectly fine to have MFD exports disabled and provide two undefined keybindings so we have to turn them on every mission.

Hitting backspace is not the solution. It's also a pretty trivial programming task.

Fair point. If it means that much to you guys, we'll put it on the list ofc. But please understand it will be somewhat lower priority. Thank you.

Heatblur Simulations

Fair point. If it means that much to you guys, we'll put it on the list ofc. But please understand it will be somewhat lower priority. Thank you.
I never doubted you guys. Thanks a lot for listening. It does not need to be a priority fix, of course. Obviously there is a lot of work to be done for 2.5.6 issues.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat