Pilot body in cockpit

nicka117

I'm eagerly awaiting a VR pilot model as well! :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Yes can we have a timescale please.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I've been looking forward to this! Really adds to the immersion factor. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

I would say not any time soon - as it may expose the inconsistencies in the cockpit/seat scale. You just need to jump out of your seat in VR, walk around and look in the back to see how well the Jester pilot model 'fits' in his seat.

Hint - not well. I am hoping it is just a seat-pan height setting for the model....but it doesn't look like it compared to the pan height compared to the cockpit floor.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would say not any time soon - as it may expose the inconsistencies in the cockpit/seat scale. You just need to jump out of your seat in VR, walk around and look in the back to see how well the Jester pilot model 'fits' in his seat.

Hint - not well. I am hoping it is just a seat-pan height setting for the model....but it doesn't look like it compared to the pan height compared to the cockpit floor.

To quote Heatblur : In-Cockpit Pilot: We know this is a frustrating feature to be missing for those of you in VR, so this is a top priority and you will not be waiting long (that goes for you Viggenites too, we know!).

I also contacted HB prior to the F14 launch and they informed me it would launch with a pilot body in cockpit.

Unfortunately this was not the case but for them to believe that at the time I assume that it’s not to far away.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

To quote Heatblur : In-Cockpit Pilot: We know this is a frustrating feature to be missing for those of you in VR, so this is a top priority and you will not be waiting long (that goes for you Viggenites too, we know!).

I also contacted HB prior to the F14 launch and they informed me it would launch with a pilot body in cockpit.

Unfortunately this was not the case but for them to believe that at the time I assume that it’s not to far away.

I am not disagreeing with their 'statement'....but just check for yourself and see if there is a problem with the current pilot/seat scale or not. Looking in the backseat and somthing aint right.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

The pilot body for the Tomcat is on the list, but is not as easy, as the animations have to match, which are a bit more complex than in most modules. Hence it takes a bit longer, thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The pilot body for the Tomcat is on the list, but is not as easy, as the animations have to match, which are a bit more complex than in most modules. Hence it takes a bit longer, thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Thanks for the reply. May I ask if it’s on a to-do list or in progress? Just to know what to expect in terms of a timeframe. If the work hasn’t been started, I would assume we’re at least looking at a 3-6 months?

Thanks for the reply. May I ask if it’s on a to-do list or in progress? Just to know what to expect in terms of a timeframe. If the work hasn’t been started, I would assume we’re at least looking at a 3-6 months?

It's in progress, but for various reason it is not being worked on all the time. Hence we really cannot give an estimate yet, we know how much you guys want it and have that always in mind, just takes a while to get it right. Thank you for the kind patience again.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 4 months later...