Litening for Hornet

ebabil

What are your opinions about latest mini update?

Happy new year everyone!

A little good-news update to pass along regarding the targeting pod for the Hornet. As many of you are aware, USMC Hornets fly with the AN/AAQ-28 Litening targeting pod when deployed from airfields. This is the same TGP used for our A-10C. As such, we now plan to first introduce the Litening pod to the Hornet prior to the AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR pod. This will allow a more complete selection of targeting pod options (can also be used for other countries like Spain of course), but also allow us to introduce a targeting pod into the project sooner than we had originally expected.

Thanks!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super news !

That would be nice ! Don't know why they just now realized this and accepted it...

My question is, will it be mountable on the center line ? If yes, it might actually get to be my primary TGP

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Great! Should have been implemented from the very beginning, because it's already in use by the A-10C. So why not use something we have already got and is also used by the USMC?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Time to review Litening II Targeting pod in A-10C

We are getting the A-10C litening pod for our Hornet.

I am jumping into my A-10C over again to learn it's workings in anticipation of it coming to the Hornet.

ALTFLIR to come later in the Hornet development. That will give two options of targeting pods to be selected for missions. Great

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Super news !

That would be nice ! Don't know why they just now realized this and accepted it...

My question is, will it be mountable on the center line ? If yes, it might actually get to be my primary TGP

the USMC center line mounts the Litening Pod, so I would imagine so.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Litening can't be used for carrier ops....

So if we use it on carrier,a little unrealistic

Not all of our missions start or end on a carrier. So why not have the Litening pod and fly it from an air-base?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Not all of our missions start or end on a carrier. So why not have the Litening pod and fly it from an air-base?

I know that.I'm happy for having Litening.

Litening is used only on airfield.If we get ATFILR someday,and someone still using Litening on carrier,just little unrealistic.........

why is that? Will it hit the deck on landing?

I think it's the weight and also the center pylon.Litening is more heavy than ATFILR,which center pylon can't hold when landing on carrier...

Also Litening may not stand for the impact when landing

ATFILR is designed for using on carrier and also monuted on the left side pylon

Edited by tifafan

Is it centerline ONLY? That would be not be an ideal situation because the Hornet already has kinda short legs if you ask me, I use the center liner mostly for a bag. Anyway, nice to see that we get a TGP earlier then expected! I think its fairly pointless to argue why they did not do it sooner, they probably had their reasons for it.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Is it centerline ONLY? That would be not be an ideal situation because the Hornet already has kinda short legs if you ask me, I use the center liner mostly for a bag. Anyway, nice to see that we get a TGP earlier then expected! I think its fairly pointless to argue why they did not do it sooner, they probably had their reasons for it.

as far as we know, yes. So you will probably have to run some off loadouts. One bad on a wing and extra ordinance on the other. Make sure your trim is mapped on your HOTAS boys and girls.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Great news , I read the Wag`s mini update. It will be so cool if we get LITENING this week or later.
Not gonna happen. The litening will let us have a TGP sooner, but not this sooner.

In fact the engineer that was to make the ATFLIR was to do it after the Harm, so i guess we will have Harm before any TGP.

Although the litening will be the same as in the A10C, the HMI integration is not the same, so there is work to do.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I think it's the weight and also the center pylon.Litening is more heavy than ATFILR,which center pylon can't hold when landing on carrier...

Also Litening may not stand for the impact when landing

ATFILR is designed for using on carrier and also monuted on the left side pylon

You land the Hornet the same way on an airstrip as you do on a carrier...

You land the Hornet the same way on an airstrip as you do on a carrier...

You can flare a little bit on airfield.A decent decend rate:pilotfly:

On carrier you may land the hornet at decend rate of -1200 feet per min at the last second,which will never happen on an airstrip.