Arleight Burke class

hotrod525

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently working on bringing the USS Freedom LCS-1 to the game. It has been partially animated and textured but we can't get it to fire the weapons. So I'm looking for some assistance.!!

And Yes, we do need more ships in the game. I think the issue is finding someone that is willing to take on the challenge of animating and texturing them.

The larger problem being even if you do have ship mod, it can only be used offline due to IC problems. DCS needs to have some sort of "official" mod manager.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Speaking of the Burke, which Flight/version are we getting? Has it been announced?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I'm currently working on bringing the USS Freedom LCS-1 to the game. It has been partially animated and textured but we can't get it to fire the weapons. So I'm looking for some assistance.!!

And Yes, we do need more ships in the game. I think the issue is finding someone that is willing to take on the challenge of animating and texturing them.

indeed more ships.

Have a look at a similar ships weapons systems in the entry.lua and main.lua. I copied and pasted other mods to get what I wanted, it wasnt great but if you have something worth doing and are only prevented by a plugin, just fire it out there and ask for help, even without weapons it's a good thing to have as a mod.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

After the last update I am really only hoping that ED starts working on ships and appropriate objects for the PG map. I have little confidence that mods will continue to work with updates and that the amount of time to support them by their creators will likely just see them not being able to be used.

more direct interactivity for the ships would be nice. F10 view is a bit too boring, not very hands on. Hope they take a more direct approach like they did with CA tanks and some air defenses.

Would make the ship a whole a lot of fun. F10 could be used just to basically plan your tomahawk routes. But the rest of the ship should be more in direct control like Cold Waters does it submarines.

Always wanted to be in direct control of a Arleigh burke class. Especially in a sandbox setting like DCS. Hope it comes true!

more direct interactivity for the ships would be nice. F10 view is a bit too boring, not very hands on. Hope they take a more direct approach like they did with CA tanks and some air defenses.

Would make the ship a whole a lot of fun. F10 could be used just to basically plan your tomahawk routes. But the rest of the ship should be more in direct control like Cold Waters does it submarines.

Always wanted to be in direct control of a Arleigh burke class. Especially in a sandbox setting like DCS. Hope it comes true!

Agree. Cold water mode will be nice and necessary.

Whaaa... is that his wish list? suggestion? intention?

Having something even close to Cold Waters functionality (only better) would be awesome, but that would be a major game, within a major game; I'll believe it when I see it, and then I'll say, damn me to hell and pass me the marshmallows.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hey Pikey, yeah that's what i did. It shoots missiles and fires weapons but not from the missile launcher or the gun. So trying to link them together.

You need to assign "point connectors"(a dummy object) to link e.g. a missile launch to the position of a particular launcher on your model.

Edited by Seaeagle
clarity