Saving Profiles

Up to now, I never really worried about saving what I had programmed...until my X-55 went south. In the process of trying to save what I had set up, I got very confused. Why? Because first, I realized that I had to save each and every column separately. I had thought that if I saved the file, it was everything, the whole setup. Nope!

SO - I went and highlighted the first column, and clicked on "Save." The path that appeared made absolutely NO sense. But I dutifully entered "F18_stick" and saved it. I have no idea where it went, and trying to LOAD it, it was gone. I tried several other entries - Throttles, Orbweaver, Rudder Pedals...they might have been saved, but I have no idea where.

So my question now is: how do I save each column to a folder that I want (say, A10C or FA18), and then be able to load them when needed? Where should these files be kept? I just bought a new X-56 HOTAS, and once it's installed, I want to be able to save, and load every entry without doing a search of my entire 1 Tb hard drive.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

:pilotfly:

If you go and look in your Saved Games folder on c (c:\users\<your username or abbreviation of it>\saved games\<either DCS or DCS.openbeta depending on your install>\config\input) you should find a folder for each aircraft.

Inside this folder will be joystick, keyboard, mouse etc folders - in the joystick folder should be the .diff.lua files for your joystick, throttle etc.

These contain the changes you have made from the default settings - save these somewhere else and you should have a back-up.

Any problems with this let me know and I will help further:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

If you go and look in your Saved Games folder on c (c:\users\<your username or abbreviation of it>\saved games\<either DCS or DCS.openbeta depending on your install>\config\input) you should find a folder for each aircraft.

Inside this folder will be joystick, keyboard, mouse etc folders - in the joystick folder should be the .diff.lua files for your joystick, throttle etc.

These contain the changes you have made from the default settings - save these somewhere else and you should have a back-up.

Any problems with this let me know and I will help further:thumbup:

I definitely want to save every aircraft in their own folder with all data. But when I went to save my A-10C files, it showed me all of my FA-18 files that I had thought I'd saved to its own folder. Should this be automatic depending on what aircraft I've loaded?

My new HOTAS won't be here until the end of the month, so I'll be held up til then. But I'll definitely get back to you when I start setting up and saving it.

-= Gary =-

a.k.a. Florida - Current DCS Beta, A-10C II Warthog, F/A-18C Hornet, F-16, F-14B Tomcat, P-51D, Spitfire, Track IR, Logitech X-56 HOTAS, Logitech rudder pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Throttle Quadrant, Razer Orb Weaver, X-Box controller

If you explicitly save the profiles they will all go to the same folder (on my system I have it set to a folder that I backup regularly)

The information in my first post is where DCS will save all your profiles as you set them up in game - you can just take a copy of these to somewhere else as a backup

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The problem is if you unplug any USB device joysticks throttles or MFDs,DCS is gonna change its address(in DCS) so if you somehow change the USB to ANY other USB port its not gonna work(ask me how I know)
Okay, I'll bite - how do you know? I have 2 MFDs plugged in and working, and since I got my new X-56, I'm trying to re-map things. I also have an OrbWeaver and a CH Throttle Quadrant attached, and I started saving each profile again. Saved the joystick. Saved the throttle. Saved the OrbWeaver. Saved the quadrant.

TRIED to save the MFDs! They will not save. They were saved in the F-14 profiles as F16 MFD 1 and F16 MFD 2. I can't save them in the A-10C joystick profiles, no matter what I call them. They were installed one time and haven't been moved, though they were unplugged from (and returned to) the same ports, which also happen to be a powered USB 3.0 hub.

They work fine in the A-10...I just can't save the profile.

-= Gary =-