On my computer it's <Ctrl><Shift><Esc>.

:doh: DOH! yeah, ummm... mine too :helpsmilie:

Sorry, that was a brain fart in your general direction :D

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The question was about VoiceAttack, not VAICOM, but perhaps reasonable to assume that the user is using VAICOM. However as reported in the VAICOM thread the feature of VAICOM that mutes SRS when VAICOM is active mutes all SRS communication, and not just commands to VAICOM. As such it is not a worakable solution to the problem of keeping voice communication with the VAICOM engine separate from voice communication with other players via SRS. The workaround that I have been using is to use VAICOM's TX6 node to talk to the AI engine but also requires using VAICOM's instant select feature. This bypasses SRS completely. But you need to configure a separate PTT for it in VAICOM. Separating the PTT functions is currently the only reliable way to keep the two communications functions separate in my experiments. Ditto if you want to also have PTT for Teamspeak, Discord, or the new DCS voicechat.

One for Hollywood (VAICOM) rather than myself (i think?)

Currently SRS has an integration with VAICOM where VAICOM can inhibit the transmission of an SRS transmission when VAICOM is dealing with it.

Enable Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit for this feature to work.

There isnt anything for the other way around - i.e SRS PTT is pressed so VAICOM shouldnt listen but could be done but would need work from Hollywoods side

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You can change the default to not show the overlay by unchecking the appropriate box on the SRS "Special" tab under DCS options. That is, within DCS itself.

Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

That is 100% a false positive.... As its the file from Microsoft (and signed)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Specifically- https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Compare the hash to see smile.gif

Thanks Ciribob.

I just downloaded the "VC_redist.x64.exe" from microsoft and I get a virus warning too.

Have a nice flight!

Edited by JAGTUX

No, he's not talking of Viacom. Although he owns Vaicom Pro it just doesn't work for him.

This is not about Vaicom. This is in reference to getting VOICEATTACK and SRS to work at the same time.

He uses VOICEATTACK instead of his old fingers to operate the keyboard commands. They (fingers) do not work as they used to.

Would like to have the PTT button on the Hotas Throttle activate the talk function in SRS, however at the same time could this also "mute" VOICEATTACK

This would allow the use of VOICEATTACK to (for example) switch radar functions without the command being broadcast to all.

Although VOICEATTACK promotes the theoretical use a "Mute" button, several attempts at following VOICEATTACK's own instructions this function seems to be missing something in its practical application. Any and all advice from VOICEATTACK is to follow the instructions, But.......

SRS.........Great

VoiceAttack.Great.........Can they work together, at the same time?

The question was about VoiceAttack, not VAICOM, but perhaps reasonable to assume that the user is using VAICOM. However as reported in the VAICOM thread the feature of VAICOM that mutes SRS when VAICOM is active mutes all SRS communication, and not just commands to VAICOM. As such it is not a worakable solution to the problem of keeping voice communication with the VAICOM engine separate from voice communication with other players via SRS. The workaround that I have been using is to use VAICOM's TX6 node to talk to the AI engine but also requires using VAICOM's instant select feature. This bypasses SRS completely. But you need to configure a separate PTT for it in VAICOM. Separating the PTT functions is currently the only reliable way to keep the two communications functions separate in my experiments. Ditto if you want to also have PTT for Teamspeak, Discord, or the new DCS voicechat.

No, he's not talking of Viacom. Although he owns Vaicom Pro it just doesn't work for him.

This is not about Vaicom. This is in reference to getting VOICEATTACK and SRS to work at the same time.

He uses VOICEATTACK instead of his old fingers to operate the keyboard commands. They (fingers) do not work as they used to.

Would like to have the PTT button on the Hotas Throttle activate the talk function in SRS, however at the same time could this also "mute" VOICEATTACK

This would allow the use of VOICEATTACK to (for example) switch radar functions without the command being broadcast to all.

Although VOICEATTACK promotes the theoretical use a "Mute" button, several attempts at following VOICEATTACK's own instructions this function seems to be missing something in its practical application. Any and all advice from VOICEATTACK is to follow the instructions, But.......

SRS.........Great

Right understood!

Although SRS is free and opensource and built specifically for DCS - Voiceattack is not and as such im unlikely to be able to build an integration into it - but I will have a look into it and contact the author to see whats possible.

Much more likely is that Hollywood - Author of VAICOM, will make changes as he's built that specifically for DCS and already has a level of integration with SRS

For the minute I'd recommend keeping two PTT buttons, one for VoiceAttack and one for SRS

The most likely scenario id guess is:

- Trigger PTT

- Say a command like Transmission

- Voiceattack stops muting SRS and stops listening, allowing SRS to transmit

- PTT released and system waits for PTT again.

Sorry I dont use VAICOM or VoiceAttack so coming in a little blind

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Use <Alt><Shift><Esc> to cycle through the display options, one of which is no-display.

The next time you start DCS it will display automatically again, and if you want to display it again during the same session, simply use <Alt><Shift><Esc> again until you get the display you wish :)

On my computer it's <Ctrl><Shift><Esc>.

Thanks guys!

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

Is there a way to increase the mic pass through volume?

I use it for recording my own voice when I take videos, but the volume is low compared to the other fellas communication.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Right understood!

Although SRS is free and opensource and built specifically for DCS - Voiceattack is not and as such im unlikely to be able to build an integration into it - but I will have a look into it and contact the author to see whats possible.

Much more likely is that Hollywood - Author of VAICOM, will make changes as he's built that specifically for DCS and already has a level of integration with SRS

For the minute I'd recommend keeping two PTT buttons, one for VoiceAttack and one for SRS

The most likely scenario id guess is:

- Trigger PTT

- Say a command like Transmission

- Voiceattack stops muting SRS and stops listening, allowing SRS to transmit

- PTT released and system waits for PTT again.

Sorry I dont use VAICOM or VoiceAttack so coming in a little blind

Thank you Ciribob for getting back. Your suggestion of using two buttons may be a work around (?) if I can get VA to mute with a button on the Hotas.

This may be an issue with VA and or an issue with me not setting it up correctly.

Although I own Viacom and Viacom Pro I do not use either. I only use VoiceAttack

VoiceAttack only.

Thank you for your attention

Is there a way to increase the mic pass through volume?

I use it for recording my own voice when I take videos, but the volume is low compared to the other fellas communication.

Try upping speaker boost, if not you'll have to do it using the OBS boost

Thank you Ciribob for getting back. Your suggestion of using two buttons may be a work around (?) if I can get VA to mute with a button on the Hotas.

This may be an issue with VA and or an issue with me not setting it up correctly.

Although I own Viacom and Viacom Pro I do not use either. I only use VoiceAttack

VoiceAttack only.

Thank you for your attention

In contact with Hollywood and shown him this thread so there will likely be changes for the VAICOM plugin so hopefully that'll help you soon as you have that as well

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I DO NOT USE VAICOM

Thank you

Yes I know, you said.

However, VAICOM author is your best bet, as it's built for DCS, and he's working on changes for SRS

So if want a better Integration, that's the way to go.

No need to shout...

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

You don't have to use "Instant select" for that. Just select "Single" PTT mode of operation and select which TX you want to use. I'm using TX5 atm as that works well for my needs. Only downside would be if I was flying the F-1 with a Human RIO he would hear my commands to VoiceAttack/Vaicom.

@Pocketedition I am very positive that what you want to do is very easy to achive if you have a programmable HOTAS or if you use something like RSmapper. I can try to give you a better idea on how to achive this, but only tomorrow as today I don't have access to my DCS PC.

SRS.........Great

Been using them both for over a year.

I use a 4-way switch on stick;

'Up' (hold) is SRS ptt, voice attack isnt listening

'left' selects box 1, left(hold) is TX1 ptt voice attack

'down' selects box 2, down(hold) is TX2 ptt voice attack

'right' selects box 3, right(hold) is TX3 ptt voice attack

so i can talk to my human buddies without the SIM/VA intepreting anything..

and i can talk to the SIM box1/2/3 etc without my human buddies hearing.

Isn't that what you want?

How do you select the appropriate radio in SRS if you only have the one button?

Been using them both for over a year.

I use a 4-way switch on stick;

'Up' (hold) is SRS ptt, voice attack isnt listening

'left' selects box 1, left(hold) is TX1 ptt voice attack

'down' selects box 2, down(hold) is TX2 ptt voice attack

'right' selects box 3, right(hold) is TX3 ptt voice attack

so i can talk to my human buddies without the SIM/VA intepreting anything..

and i can talk to the SIM box1/2/3 etc without my human buddies hearing.

Isn't that what you want?

How do you select the appropriate radio in SRS if you only have the one button?

'left', 'down' and 'right' select the radio. Hold any of those and its the ptt to talk to the SIM/AI/VA, 'up' is the global ptt for SRS.

Think about it, draw it on paper, trust me it works a treat

Ok I just tested this out, you don't even need to use key mapper.

Do the following, disable all global hotkeys for Voice Attack.

Edit your profile and create a new command. Name your command and disable "when I say", and check "when I press button", I'm assuming here you are using DX inputs for SRS PTTs, but you can use key presses mapped through RSmapper as well. Just select "when I press Keys" instead. Assign your SRS PTT to this function.

And Under "when this command executes, do the following sequence" click on the box "other" and select "stop listening".

Press Ok and create your command.

Now Create another command exactly the same (just use another name for it), and when assigning the button check the first option

"shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" and when selecting the function to execute select "start listening" instead of "stop listening". Create your command.

Now you must repeat this for every SRS Radio PTT you are using.

'left', 'down' and 'right' select the radio. Hold any of those and its the ptt to talk to the SIM/AI/VA, 'up' is the global ptt for SRS.

Think about it, draw it on paper, trust me it works a treat

Nice, can you show tell how to configure SRS/VA/DCS?

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

This, from Ixsapper

Ok I just tested this out, you don't even need to use key mapper.

Do the following, disable all global hotkeys for Voice Attack.

Edit your profile and create a new command. Name your command and disable "when I say", and check "when I press button", I'm assuming here you are using DX inputs for SRS PTTs, but you can use key presses mapped through RSmapper as well. Just select "when I press Keys" instead. Assign your SRS PTT to this function.

And Under "when this command executes, do the following sequence" click on the box "other" and select "stop listening".

Press Ok and create your command.

Now Create another command exactly the same (just use another name for it), and when assigning the button check the first option

"shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released" and when selecting the function to execute select "start listening" instead of "stop listening". Create your command.

Now you must repeat this for every SRS Radio PTT you are using.

I followed this to the letter. It did not work. Wait, there’s more.

I sat on the back door step with a coffee and an Eccles cake.

Came back inside and for whatever reason immediately noticed on the front of VoiceAttack is an icon of a game controller. This was slashed with red.

I enabled this feature by removing the red slash. It now shows a popup with "Joysticks on"

Tried in game again and all is working. And working well.

I can recommend the above steps and you can tell if you have it correct when you activate throttle ptt buttons, with a “plink” sound from VA. When you let the button go you will get a “plonk”

Follow Ixsapper instructions. when finished check that little icon on the front.

Thank you all so much for all the help.

Thank you Ciribob for a great addition to DCS.

Thank you VoiceAttack for VoiceAttack.

Thank you Ixsapper for the solution.

Thank you back door step and Eccles cakes.

Pocket

Nice, can you show tell how to configure SRS/VA/DCS?

At the risk of this becoming more VA related than SRS.....for which I apologize....

my setup for what it's worth, seemed the logical way to me

start with SRS - all controls mapped to keyboard, see later

====================================

(1)choose a keyboard key combo for Radio 1/Radio 1 Modifier eg Alt 1

(2)do the same for Radio 2 eg Alt 2

(3)do the same for Radio 3 eg Alt 3

(4)choose a keyboard key combo for PTT/PTT Modifier, eg Alt O

VA

==

add your own command for;

SRS PTT(press)

button: eg Joystick 1 Button 11, shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down

action: press the keyboard combo you chose in (4)

and another for;

SRS PTT(release)

button: (same button as used for 'press') Joystick 1 Button 11, shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released

action: release the keyboard combo you chose in (4)

VAICOMPro

=======

'TX1 press'

you should have a mapping for the button(or preferably 4 way switch)

eg 'when i press button: Joystick 1 Button 14', shortcut is invoked when no other buttons are down

this will already have an entry for 'Execute external plugin...'

below this add an action: press the keyboard combo you chose in (1)

'TX1 release'

as it's only a ptt for VAICOMPro don't add anything to this, the action of pressing the button switches the radio only

Holding will ptt to VA/VAICOMpro only

repeat similar for TX2 and TX3

The reason to effectively use VA to 'translate' the keys for SRS was because i ran into problems if for example i use those same joystick buttons combined with a modifier(eg the 'pinkie') to do something completely different, which i do, i found that i was operating the radio when i didnt want to.

Hope this helps someone