[REPORTED]2.5.6 Performance

I have seen a slight drop in performance but nothing too drastic .

I found the hardest issue to deal with is how long it takes to actually login to the game now .

It seems to take almost a minute just to get pass the first loading screen .

Lighting has also caused some issues in the F14 where you can not distinguish the main screen azymyth anymore at night as both lines and screen hue are the same bright red .. No way to tell what is going on in night flights .

Finally , something i have also posted is catapult issue on carrier . If you attempt to hook up manually the catapult tosses the aircraft of deck instead of hooking up ... More people have mentioned the same , and it appears to always be on cat 4 ...

This is obviously a complex subject. Not to discredit anybody else's findings, but I seem to experience higher frame rates. About 20 over Vegas and at least 10 over Normandy (flying very low in both cases). This was determined by flying in stable release and Open Beta just now. Caveat: I need to compare my graphic settings. They might differ between the two versions.

Loading times have increased significantly however.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

please remove all unofficial mods ( if any)

run a cleanup and repair

delete your metashader 2 and fxo folder in saved games dcs folder

restart dcs ( first load will take longer while it creates new shaders )

retest

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

run a cleanup and repair

retest

Did, done, same.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Is pretty unacceptable at the moment, i have considerable stuttering and poor framerates when operating on 2.5.6, SSLR is already off

We're getting these core updates for free, so I think we should give ED a break if things are a little buggy when first launched. I'm sure they'll have a fix soon, and in the meantime we can play 2.5.5

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

run a cleanup and repair

retest

Same, first thing i did after every new patch.

:pilotfly:

The whole game is a mess after the latest patch. Sounds are relocated (why?) which makes mods useless, lightning overdone with green stars and cat launches all ****ed up.

Default sounds are pretty awful. I'm ready to give up everything else but not those since ED can't make them realistic.

I don't know what i did, bu i did it! First, i set SSLR on, groud shadows to default, and visibility range to high. Launched mission see the mess, quit to menu then to desktop. Launched game again, then i set my default settings: SSLR off, Ground shadows flat, Visibility range to extreeme and launched mission again. seems to works well, sligtly drops of FPS but not that huge! Minimum i see is 55 FPS.

EDIT: If it matters, i fly on PG map.

EDIT2: Still 5 FPS less than previous build....

Edited by Miro

:pilotfly:

Yep slowed down a LOT. I have loads of static eye candy mods across each map. I'm an off liner. So I deleted all the client stuff on the Nellis map. Not much change

Set up 'new' blank maps in PG and Nellis. Smooth as silk with both Helo and F-16, went down the strip in Vegas about 500 kts not a problem.

So time to back up the missions. Start deleting eye candy from the far bases back to Nellis and and see where I can get a happy medium. Chances are I'll lose some mods but that's life.

First, do what Buzzles says and then try again.

Can't speak for the OP, but I've deleted FXO and Metashaders and ensured that SSLR is off, and my framerates are still horrendous.

DCS was silky smooth for me in 2.5.5, but it's pretty much unplayable in 2.5.6. The difference is absolutely massive.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

In VR, playing single player (that's what I'll be doing for the next 2 months) I find performance acceptable. I still can't figure this graphics engine out:doh: Right after the update to 2.5.6

I cleaned the meta and FXO folders, put the vis on high, trees 80% and the first 2 flights were full of stutter (in Caucasus and PG). So... just for the heck of it I set the vis to Extreme, trees 100, PD to 2.0 (I only fly in VR), cleaned the meta/FXO again and no stutter! Go figure.

Here's a short clip of low level flight over Dubai. All sliders to the right. No AA, Aniso x16:

https://youtu.be/WRp2rSiz6mQ

Hi, Will try what is above with thanks to all. I have worked thru my static objects with a copy of NTTR with all the 4776 static target objects. I worked thru' my static aircraft and found F4 Phantom and Hawk static objects drew a blank screen. Replaced them with something that shows up, and the speed and fluidity of the Huey response has improved quite a bit. I have a Huey following a C-5 taxi' ing out at Nellis, full range targets and it has improved from the stuttery set up I had about an hour ago. THANK YOU to all who give advice, I will implement those also. Gutted that the Hawk is no longer even a static object, hey but that's life.

Edited by flyingscotsman
missed the fluidity of response

We're getting these core updates for free, so I think we should give ED a break if things are a little buggy when first launched. I'm sure they'll have a fix soon, and in the meantime we can play 2.5.5

No, not for free. I have paid for all my modules, I'm just waiting for ED to finish them.

But ED get's my testflying on this betaversion for free.

I see several servers have made a rollback and I'm also going to do that. The bad thing with this is, that ED is loosing testers for this last version and not getting so much feedback and data.

ED, please don't release updates so buggy.

No, not for free. I have paid for all my modules, I'm just waiting for ED to finish them.

But ED get's my testflying on this betaversion for free.

I see several servers have made a rollback and I'm also going to do that. The bad thing with this is, that ED is loosing testers for this last version and not getting so much feedback and data.

ED, please don't release updates so buggy.

+ 100

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5