Hornet enginers are back ?

hanab

Not a single engineer from our sacred Hornet to the forsaken Viper! ;)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I am disappointed of that we haven't any news or mini updates for my favourite aircraft - Hornet, from two months. I hope we will get some new things soon...

They have stated multiple times within the past 2-3 months, that they are currently working on more complex features that require more time to implement. #patience

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

According last hornet update, wags said « Once the Viper is released, they will be back to work on the Hornet. »

Ed, Now viper is released, can you confirm they back on this module ?

Without any insight knowledge and going from common sense alone I would say that Viper engineers will still be this week and maybe the next to help solve the huge amount of bugs the viper has right now and after that the team will come back to the hornet (some of it staying in the viper).

I think for the next two/three weeks they will make a good push solving for example the unfinished TGP for the hornet, as right now the viper has TGP symbology and TGP slaved to WP which the hornet does not. Also a combined push for TWS will be made for both aircraft, god save them if they put it in the viper before than in the hornet XD

Sorry chaps, but I really don’t think that players should be trying to micromanage development

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Sorry chaps, but I really don’t think that players should be trying to micromanage development

If only this CRAZY thought would finally sink in with everyone.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Couldn't agree more.

Pretty sure ED is working their a**es off to get things done.

Thanks btw and keep it up guys!

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

On the other hand, do you think such a highly motivated and professional company such as ED can really manage without the input of our resident armchair chairpersons of the boards?

I for one imagine they'd be lost without all our wise-ass criticism and suggestions. And all that marvelous motivational commentary such as "The Viper is pants" posted on Facebook. How could any self-respecting dev cope without it?

:music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

Just to be clear, what I wrote before is just my "pub talk" of what I think they will do based on little hints from 9L and Wags here and there. In any case I was telling them what to do next, they know better :).

Just to be clear, what I wrote before is just my "pub talk" of what I think they will do based on little hints from 9L and Wags here and there. In any case I was telling them what to do next, they know better :).

With all due respect, that's not how it came across, and it could be seen as a highly inflammatory comment.

Better to keep that chat to the actual pub, as against online, where it's much easier to misinterpret.

Don't get me wrong, DCS is nothing like perfect, but it's the game I love. I'm amazed at what they have achieved to date and have every confidence that it will only continue to improve.

My hats off to the whole ED team, who I really don't think we thank enough.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team

Work for the hornet and viper continue now in parallel, when we have more news to share we will do it in our newsletter.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2