Hybrid Navigation System.

J20Stronk

Does it actually work? Is there extra setup required besides INS alignment and HNS enabled on the UFCP?

I always enable HNS to allow INS + GPS, but eventually waypoints, especially noticeable with airports (50-59), end up misaligned after long flights or hard maneuvers.

I though the whole point of it was to prevent drift in the Nav computer, resorting to INS as a backup when necessary. (or even correcting INS drift automatically while it's active)

Also seems like there should be a "designate" option for PU like there is for MARK instead of just "OFLY"

Yeah, OFLY position update looks like the clumsiest way to update your INS, I don't understand why there is no a Radar or HUD INS update mode. It seems there is something missing in the functionality

Yeah, OFLY position update looks like the clumsiest way to update your INS, I don't understand why there is no a Radar or HUD INS update mode. It seems there is something missing in the functionality

I think the reason you can't use the radar (or VIP bombing mode) is they use AGR, which isn't implemented yet. However, you should be able to use the TPOD to do this. Then again, maybe the real jet will only use AGR for this operation and that is why we don't see it.