More HOTAS functionality

Jak525

I believe the Hornet has some format-selecting functionality via the HOTAS. We already have the STORES/RDR ATTK come up for when we switch master modes, but I believe the castle switch can also do some things.

As mentioned in the DCS Hornet manual, for example, it will swap the SA/HSI format on the AMPCD in NAV and bring up the SA in A/A (this isn't in yet but given it's in the manual I am assuming it will be). Also, I believe the STORES and RDR ATTK can be brought up via sensor control switch right/left (again after TDC is already assigned to that display if applicable). This is actually mentioned by Jello on the Fighter Pilot Podcast episode where he played DCS - he mentions he tried "castling right" to bring up the radar.

All in all, this sounds extremely useful.

Does ED's documentation/SMEs confirm any of this?

Edited by Jak525

I believe the Hornet has some format-selecting functionality via the HOTAS. We already have the STORES/RDR ATTK come up for when we switch master modes, but I believe the castle switch can also do some things.

As mentioned in the DCS Hornet manual, for example, it will swap the SA/HSI format on the AMPCD in NAV and bring up the SA in A/A (this isn't in yet but given it's in the manual I am assuming it will be). Also, I believe the STORES and RDR ATTK can be brought up via sensor control switch right/left (again after TDC is already assigned to that display if applicable). This is actually mentioned by Jello on the Fighter Pilot Podcast episode where he played DCS - he mentions he tried "castling right" to bring up the radar.

All in all, this sounds extremely useful.

Does ED's documentation/SMEs confirm any of this?

I hope so. I'm looking forward for additional HOTAS functionality. The other thing i'm really looking forward is the simulated cartrige functionality, where you can select things like wich MFD pages are called in certain modes. For example I want that when I select a amraam or aim 9x the pages shown are the RDR ATK page on the right, the SA page on the left and the RWR page at the bottom, instead of the STR PG at the left which does not add a lot in an A2A engagement.

I hope so. I'm looking forward for additional HOTAS functionality. The other thing i'm really looking forward is the simulated cartrige functionality, where you can select things like wich MFD pages are called in certain modes. For example I want that when I select a amraam or aim 9x the pages shown are the RDR ATK page on the right, the SA page on the left and the RWR page at the bottom, instead of the STR PG at the left which does not add a lot in an A2A engagement.

I think that's hard-coded, but it might be wrong. It seems like you're referring to DTC functionality present in that other sim, but we don't know if the same holds true for the Hornet IRL.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro