New afterburner detent option

Hey folks,

Can anyone explain how the new AB detent option in the settings works?

Cheers,

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Ah ok, I thought it was actually to set a detent for the AB. Good to know it's for the finger lifts!

Thanks Razo+r!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Odd thing I noticed today was that I also needed fingerlifts in the air with it enabled. If I unchecked the box, everything works as expected.

Feature of the new update. Same here.

Its nice/useful in the air to have this as it will keep you from inadvertently going into Burner (and giving away your position). However the annoying thing, if the throttle is advanced past MIL, pressing the finger lifts won't bring the throttle into burner. You have to reduce throttle, press lifts, then go forward to burner.

AKA Gaffer

Hi, where is this new option? I cant find it....

I have a warthog and since update, cant get the AB to kick in ( this is in free flight, so its nothing to do with the carrier take off)

What is the correct / best way to set up the throttle of the warthog please? In the other thread people are talking about setting the axis to slider etc......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, where is this new option? I cant find it....

I have a warthog and since update, cant get the AB to kick in ( this is in free flight, so its nothing to do with the carrier take off)

What is the correct / best way to set up the throttle of the warthog please? In the other thread people are talking about setting the axis to slider etc......

Options->Special->F-18C

or press 9 or 0 to lift the finger lifts.

However the annoying thing, if the throttle is advanced past MIL, pressing the finger lifts won't bring the throttle into burner.

no, it actually works. you have to give it a solid click, or you can consider it a click and hold for half a second or so, and it will move from mil to burner with having to 'reapproach the gate'

Is the AB physical detent a feature of newer warthog models? I dont have it on mine......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Is the AB physical detent a feature of newer warthog models? I dont have it on mine......

You do have it. Here is a video that shows how to activate it:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Is the feature only for throttles with detents? This doesn't appear to do anything on my X52. I have it checked and the AB functions exactly the same as it did prior to the update. I do not need finger lifts when in the air or on the ground.

The real throttle requires either to use the finger lifts to allow throttle to go to relight position, or just apply more force by pushing throttle over the lock.

So in emergency situations you just push throttle in without playing with any locks there. That is challenging here.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

You do have it. Here is a video that shows how to activate it:

Cool ! Thanks buddy!

Yeah, it's a nice little feature for throttles that don't have the physical detent. Having a Warthog though, with the detent in position, I kept getting killed in certain situations because I kept forgetting to hit the button... Yeah, that got shut off quick...lol

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

I really like it. I don't have a physical detent on my throttle either but I'm already getting used to having the finger lifts mapped to my throttle on a button and using it when necessary. Nice feature.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really like it. I don't have a physical detent on my throttle either but I'm already getting used to having the finger lifts mapped to my throttle on a button and using it when necessary. Nice feature.

Yeah I am liking it also, saved me from installing the AB detent in my Warthog throttle. Finger-lift works great for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 11 months later...

I filed down my AB detent tab in my warthog so that it provides a firm defined stop point but I can now just push through without having to lift the throttles over the stop. Perfect solution. Now all I need is a good curve setting to get 100% RPM at the detent and AB as I push through. Anyone have a good setting for the axis?

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

what do you guys mean by finger lift? I installed my dent and made it so i can push past it to enable AB but it wouldnt turn on and just found out this AB option in settings.. not sure what to set it to.

AFAIK, the real Hornet has two finger lifts that you need to lift in order to move into AB. If you have a physical detent on your throttle, you should disable the finger lifts setting in the Misc Options tab. They're there for people with throttles that don't have physical detents and it's a way for the player to avoid going into AB by accident. You have a way of knowing where AB starts, since you have a push-through detent on your throttle.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I filed down my AB detent tab in my warthog so that it provides a firm defined stop point but I can now just push through without having to lift the throttles over the stop. Perfect solution. Now all I need is a good curve setting to get 100% RPM at the detent and AB as I push through. Anyone have a good setting for the axis?

I 3D printed a push-through detent for the Warthog and I have the Slider and User Curve boxes ticked. The actual settings will depend on your detent. I went by trial and error and I tried having a linear response throughout the entire travel.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 6 months later...

For the Viper and the Warthog throttle, I tuned the axis and played with "saturation x". After a LOT of testing, I ended up with that number at 68. For me, matches the gate with the warthog detent pretty spot on.