JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Is the server down? I know it was having some problems yesterday with rubber-banding and disconnections, but I don't even see it in the server list now. :(

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here. Can’t find and yesterday there were these strange white “beams of white light “ going up into the sky. Totally crashing fps.

Hope y’all get it sorted. Lots of fun for a single pilot.

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Sadly, that's the norm around here. That, guns on the merge (first pass), multiple people piling on one individual for an easy kill when there are several others left unengaged...frustrating to say the least. But yeah, getting shot while on short final and/or on the ground is so cheap. That's the only way some of the guys can get a kill it seems. However, when you get people in there that don't do that stuff, it's an absolute blast of a server! :thumbup:

Chivalry is dead.

@flighter. I have a question. Why does the red side in Air / Missile area have that AI Mig29 spawning east of the area? Well I understand that it might be there so you cant just hide all the time behind that mountain ridge. But on the blue side you can hide all the time in the mountains. Is it really necessary we have that Mig29? Even when there is nobody else on that server and I just want to do an airstrike on the red base, the police Mig spawns and shoots me down from behind.

Is there an SRS address available for that server? Tough to fly and type in chat window.

Just getting hang of comms so may be non feasible.

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Hello guys!

Love the server!

However I have a suggestion:

Can you create another area 1vs1 and Guns just for non-FC3 birds? F-15s/Su-27s get annoying... doing all kinds of crazy maneuvres & turns, 120% energy with that damn flight model. It's pretty annoying and kills the fun if someone rides the Eagle or Flanker for hours wrecking all those who want to test their modules.... and they just go full power and stick full to back without any penalty, never experiencing G-locs... damn.

Another annoying thing is "no-padlock".. can't lock on any planes, I have to use my coolie hat in dogfights which is slow and pretty meh as you can imagine.

Greetings,

Cabal

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Hello guys!

Love the server!

However I have a suggestion:

Can you create another area 1vs1 and Guns just for non-FC3 birds? F-15s/Su-27s get annoying... doing all kinds of crazy maneuvres & turns, 120% energy with that damn flight model. It's pretty annoying and kills the fun if someone rides the Eagle or Flanker for hours wrecking all those who want to test their modules.... and they just go full power and stick full to back without any penalty, never experiencing G-locs... damn.

Another annoying thing is "no-padlock".. can't lock on any planes, I have to use my coolie hat in dogfights which is slow and pretty meh as you can imagine.

Greetings,

Cabal

Hm maybe do a little research first? The FC3 Birds(all except A-10A&SU-25) have had PFM (Professional level Flight Models) for a while now. So they're as deeply/realistically simulated in their flight behaviour as the full modules and do not have arcadey or easygame flight models.

Also last time I checked you could black out and GLOC in them just fine, but happy to stand corrected on that.

Well regarding the No-Padlock , you have to wait for Flighters reply on that. My guess it, its not available for a reason.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Me and some dudes have yet to see a Eagle/Flanker driver blackout. I don't need to research something obvious as that people go for these birds because they know they wreck every other aircraft which in fact smells like weakness. Seems like your cup of tea? These birds crash only when out of fuel. :)

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Well guess you and some dudes have to go elsewhere for MP then ..

Since I‘ve dispatched some F-15 and Flankers with guns flying a non -FC3 aircraft myself already , running out of fuel clearly isn‘t the only way to get rid of them.

However even today in a guns only fight, the F-15 /Su-27 present formidable opponents if well flown, so you can‘t expect an easy fight, even if you‘re in a F-16/18.

Perhaps some reading about BFM and tactics might help .

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Me and some dudes have yet to see a Eagle/Flanker driver blackout. I don't need to research something obvious as that people go for these birds because they know they wreck every other aircraft which in fact smells like weakness. Seems like your cup of tea? These birds crash only when out of fuel. :)

'Never seen one blackout', huh tell me there call signs I want to stay away from those guys. Lol

I was spectating an F-15 fight the other day when one of those guys did the "yank back, full rudder, brake" thing they all do, and saw 25 Gs for a couple of seconds.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Explain where you are seeing the g ratings?

When spectating, press L Ctrl + Y and you'll bring up the info strip...player name, speed, altitude, G-load, AOA, engine RPM, etc. All that stuff. I always pull that up while spectating; good stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks

You bet! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was just in there for over an hour. Never saw anything close to 25 g's for the 15. But I did see 13point something, it was instantaneous. Which the 15 is quite capable of pulling. In a dogfights episode a Eagle pilot talked about how easy he pulled 12 g's in a split s manuever to get on a mig 29. Now moving on the 18 was pulling 12 g's. So Seems about even good luck and good hunting?

That's good. I wonder if it was just a bug or something at that moment, because I've never seen it before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's good. I wonder if it was just a bug or something at that moment, because I've never seen it before.

I think you might of looked away and looked back and saw a number for AOA. Just a guess. I'm still looking though. Just saw a 15 pull 16 g's but it was instantaneous as most of the highest numbers are. Sustained IV seen 12's and 13's for a second or two. The 14 blew me away at 16 g's.

Well guess you and some dudes have to go elsewhere for MP then ..

Oh please... just because you maybe recognized yourself in my posts doesn't mean that you need to get mad. Another area on this server without Flankers/Eagles (or better: non-FC3) would hurt your kill ratio right?

Oh please... just because you maybe recognized yourself in my posts doesn't mean that you need to get mad. Another area on this server without Flankers/Eagles (or better: non-FC3) would hurt your kill ratio right?

LoL, pls get real.It was you who came in here complaining about unrealistic FM for Eagles&Flankers having totally wrong info...

Whatever have it your way.I'm enjoying the F-15/Sukhoi fighter challenge here,so I'm staying put.

The g numbers I looked at disprove your theory. The 15 and the 27 are that badass. They aren't still flying in today's military for the hell of it.