How to Edit values in Logbook.lua file?

OK, so i recently got DCS WORLD, and so i had to re-install the DCS WORLD version of A-10C (i had the STEAM version before), so my pilot logbook got reset to 0.

i want to edit the values that are in my LOGBOOK.LUA file to recreate my old A-10C logbook in DCS WORLD.

so:

-i opened the LOGBOOK.LUA file with NOTEPAD++,

-found all the relevant lines in the file ("AG KILLS", "FLIGHT HOURS", ect...) -edited the values from 0 to what i wanted.

but when i save changes, close the file and launch DCS WORLD, NOTHING HAPPEND in the game:

all the values are still at 0, why?

any help whoud be very appreciated, please!

is it related to the fact that the DCS world logbook have to track your stats for various aircrafts and hence, there is a different place in the LUA file that you need to edit? or something like this?

I had the same problem,when you open notepad++you need to run as administrator that fixed it for me

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

hum... that worked ALMOST perfectly: it didn't worked just for the flight hours (TOTAL, DAY and NIGHT, all 3 are still at 0).

what format are you supposed to enter them as?

in number of hours, as "Xhours Xmin", or something else?

i am currently entering them like this:

for example, for 53 hours 30min:

- flightHours = '53.5' -

is this right? or do you have to enter it another way, i tried several format, but all of them still result in "0h 0min"on the in-game logbook...

Edited by Just Someone

*UPDATE*

nevermind, i found the way. i'll post the solution here in case it can help someone:

/!\ FIRST OF ALL, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR "LOGBOOK.LUA" FILE!!!

-for the general stats:

find these lines, around line No. 350:

statistics = {

agKills = 0,

killRatio = "0/0",

missionsCount = 0,

ejections = 0,

totalScore = 0,

flightHours = 0,

daytime = 0,

commissioned = base.os.date('0/0/0'),

campaignsCount = 0,

static = 0,

faaKills = 0,

landings = 0,

fagKills = 0,

nighttime = 0,

aaKills = 0,

naval = 0,

deaths = 0,

refuelings = 0,

}, -- end of statistics

and edit them with the values you want, don't forget to put quote signs between the numbers for all the stats you edited or it won't work!

-for the flight hours, apparently the game only counts time in seconds, so all you have to do is multiply by 60 two times your flight time, in hours.

for example, for 53hours 30mins:

you type:

- flightHours = '53.5*60*60' -

-and then, to update the values for a specific aircraft, and not just the general stats, scroll down to around line No. 1000 and find these lines:

if (playerUnit ~= nil) then

local typeLA = base.me_db.getNameByDisplayName(playerUnit.type)

if ((availableType ~= nil) and (availableType[typeLA] ~= nil)) then

stat[typeLA] = stat[typeLA] or {}

stat[typeLA].ejections =

stat[typeLA].flightHours =

stat[typeLA].daytime =

stat[typeLA].nighttime =

stat[typeLA].landings =

stat[typeLA].refuelings =

stat[typeLA].totalScore =

stat[typeLA].deaths =

stat[typeLA].agKills =

stat[typeLA].static =

stat[typeLA].naval =

stat[typeLA].aaKills =

end

end

and edit to the values you want like before.

once it's done,

-load a mission with the aircraft you want to update those values to.

-once you're in the mission, quit immediately.

-and that should be it! :-)

-check your logbook to see if it worked, if it did quit the game and restore your original "LOGBOOK.LUA" file, and you're good to go!

BEAWARE: YOUR STATS WON'T UPDATE WITH EVERY NEW FLIGHT YOU HAVE IF YOU DON'T RESTORE YOUR ORIGINAL FILE AFTER THIS MANIPULATION!

hope this helps!

• 6 years later...

It would be nice if the software tracked all your flight time and airframe time instead of just SP Instant Action and MISSION options. I did a test and it looks like the Missions under TRAINING aren't logged as flight time on your LogBook.

Logbook.jpg

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]