[REPORTED]Aim-7 Radar frequency can't be set for RWS

backspace340

Haven't seen this reported yet - the PRF button doesn't cycle between HI/MED/INTL when you have the AIM-7 selected. Instead it just boxes 'PDI' (which I think is what shows when you lock a target as well) - pressing it again simply returns to INTL. Track attached.

You can, with intermittent success, change the PRF you're using with an AIM-7 selected by first selecting the AIM-120 (even if you don't have any equipped), changing the PRF and then selecting the AIM-7 again - about 50% of the time the PRF selection will carry over, the other 50% the AIM-7 will change the default back to INTL.

prfpdi.trk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still issues with PRF selection. Even with AIM-120 you have to sometime unselect (select AIM-7 for exemple) it and reselect AIM-120 to be able to switch PRF.

(Last Open Beta)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 5 months later...

[TRACK REQUIRED] Aim-7 Radar frequency can't be set for RWS

When selecting AIM-7 for the first time, the frequency setting for the radar stays at HI/MED. When locking something up it switches to PDI for the STT. when going back to RWS though it stays PDI and can only change to MED or PDI and can't be reset to HI/MED unless you choose another missile type, switch it and then go back to AIM-7.

• 2 weeks later...

OK now that I found this out that this is a bug :D let's elaborate on this a little...

PDI is the required mode for AIM-7 to be able to guide, therefore is applied on STT lock. But this mode should be exclusive to AIM-7 selection, right?

If I have AIM120 selected, Hi/MED PRF selection should still be applied, as it does not require a PDI radar mode to intercept, only a track file and mid-course updates. Correct?

The problem I see is that either in AIM7 or AIM120 selected, we talk about 'STT' lock. According to this, these should be pretty much separated in language, as we are having PDI and STT.

STT also applies on any other given ACM modes, but as soon as you select AIM-7, it enters PDI, and the other way around it goes to [not]PDI if you have aim9 or aim120 selected.

What I am curious about, is how it SHOULD work?

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

• 1 year later...

Any news on this?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg