5/8 patch - jester

Banzaiib

DCS is nothing but disappointments at the moment. It’s concerning to note that support and communication for the F-14 has melted away so quickly after release.

Combined with the glacial, snails pace addition of features to the Hornet it’s an exercise in frustration for users.

We've launched hundreds of bugfixes since launch, in 2 months. We're really trying our best.

There is a capacity limit to our team, especially if we take on bigger changes (like the aforementioned input layer restriction change).

It then becomes a more stepwise process where you get one patch (like the previous) without any changes, and the next one having more/major changes.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Tomcat is released as early acccess.

For that, it is very feature complete and only missing minor things.

Jester is completely new and working very good.

On many complainments and (possible) bug threads is Heatblur directly answering.

Gamebreaking bugs have been fixed within next patch.

I don't see any room for complainments now.

I would more like to say thank you HB and keep up on that good work, the Cat is done awesome!

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

We've launched hundreds of bugfixes since launch, in 2 months.

There is a capacity limit to our team, especially if we take on bigger changes (like the aforementioned input layer restriction change).

It then becomes a more stepwise process where you get one patch (like the previous) without any changes, and the next one having more/major changes.

Don't take such BS serious Cobra, you and your team do a fantastic job. :thumbup: As Wags already said, you will always find sombody who will complain.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've launched hundreds of bugfixes since launch, in 2 months.

You said on here that the jester improvements (RWS, ground stabilized, etc) will make it into the next patch. That's what I was looking for. Now you're saying something different...

You said on here that the jester improvements (RWS, ground stabilized, etc) will make it into the next patch. That's what I was looking for. Now you're saying something different...

I made an error in reading our repository changelog when I was compiling the release changelog. Those changes are in our more experimental branch that has not passed QA yet. I followed up with bad info in the thread just after thread launch- sorry.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You got the standart update schedule part wrong. Wednesday is the day updates generally come out, it was never stated that every wednesday there will be a update. Also, i know that the FM is being tweaked, and its not my intention to be disrespectful, but maybe you are doing something wrong, i have spent the whole night yesterday sparring against both AI and player controled F-18 and the F-14 is very competitive.

I am curious, I have to assume you are 50 miles away and using the AIM-54. If that's the case the flight model has very little to do with that scenario. Get yourself into a turning fight with ANY other aircraft and then talk to me about the flight model being fine. I have been trying since day one to see just how great the Tomcat is as a fighter and I have had very little success with it. You can say 'it's your flying, not the flight model' all you want but explain what the rest of us are doing wrong.

I can't out turn an F-16 at 350 kts using coordinated stick and rudder and only pulling 15-17 units of AOA, so please tell me what the secret is.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

To the contrary...

DCS is nothing but disappointments at the moment. It’s concerning to note that support and communication for the F-14 has melted away so quickly after release.

Combined with the glacial, snails pace addition of features to the Hornet it’s an exercise in frustration for users.

What disappoints you, doesn't affect the quality of the products you freely choose to support by purchasing, in their Early Access stages, that both F-14 and f-18 are in.

Calling DCS "nothing but disappointment" is simply wrong.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am curious, I have to assume you are 50 miles away and using the AIM-54. If that's the case the flight model has very little to do with that scenario. Get yourself into a turning fight with ANY other aircraft and then talk to me about the flight model being fine. I have been trying since day one to see just how great the Tomcat is as a fighter and I have had very little success with it. You can say 'it's your flying, not the flight model' all you want but explain what the rest of us are doing wrong.

I can't out turn an F-16 at 350 kts using coordinated stick and rudder and only pulling 15-17 units of AOA, so please tell me what the secret is.

Same here. I’d really like to know as well. My experience has been if I don’t get the “lucky shot” with either SWs or guns in the merge, I’m dead in about 2 minutes because I simply can’t get the performance to out maneuver. If I don’t try to lead, I dance until I run out of gas. If I do try to lead, I get slow and either get shot down or lose control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Again the performance of the cat is too low atm, so that's likely the major reason you're not having much luck against the F-16 or F-15 etc right now. Hopefully HB will implement the FM fix soon, it should definitely be their priority as an accurate FM is the first thing people want, weapons systems etc always come second to that.

Dunno, but i routinely out turned everything i flew against before busting my arm 2 weeks ago. Even the dreaded UFO that is the AI controlled F-5.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

While Heatblur have said that the FM is indeed underperforming slightly currently, in this case the secret is to not take being defeated by the AI as a measure of performance of anything.

While Heatblur have said that the FM is indeed underperforming slightly currently, in this case the secret is to not take being defeated by the AI as a measure of performance of anything.

Sorry, but I do not agree. Thousands use only Single Player missions,we have Instant Action missions, Tutorial missions, User file SP Missions, ALL using AI, if they can not measure performance by AI what parameter would it be? As Buschwick said before

"We have a tomcat that can't dogfight even an AI su25" and this is true.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Sorry, but I do not agree. Thousands use only Single Player missions,we have Instant Action missions, Tutorial missions, User file SP Missions, ALL using AI, if they can not measure performance by AI what parameter would it be? As Buschwick said before

"We have a tomcat that can't dogfight even an AI su25" and this is true.

I think you misunderstood me. My point is not that you shouldn't fly single player only - I'm one of those people myself. My point is that the problem rests more with the DCS AI having War Thunder quality flight models, and less with any problem specific to the Tomcat (despite the fact that the Tomcat's FM does under perform right now). Anything above "good" skill legitimately pulls energy out of nowhere. For example, a while ago I looked into the AI F-5's behavior in one of the ACM campaigns, where it is set to excellent: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3859335&postcount=18

wow...i said I was gonna leave this...but wow...

There is a capacity limit to our team, especially if we take on bigger changes

So why is your team tackling typos and kneemaps on a product that's been out for 2 years? Look at the servers...F14 drivers vs Viggen drivers...you seriously need to think about your priorities.

Acting like little toddlers now.

When's the last time you saw a little toddler spend $70-$80 on a piece of software? If a toddler got $80 of allowance saved up...he or she would like to see the benefit as well if it all got dropped on one purchase.

What disappoints you, doesn't affect the quality of the products you freely choose to support by purchasing

You do realize that "freely choos[ing]" HB's software by purchasing an $80 product that's not finished is a legit investment. I didn't buy a broken sim of a plane...I invested $72 into a finished product that doesn't exist yet. It's similar to investing in the stock market. If the company you invested in doesn't do a damn thing...you might ask questions.

You think the big dogs like Ubisoft and Blizzard dump pre-releases like this at full price? No, they don"t. There's a reason that this plane was released so early for a price....and I expect my money to go toward this particular endeavor...not the Viggen's typos.

Edited by Buschwick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*snip*

You think the big dogs like Ubisoft and Blizzard dump pre-releases like this at full price? No, they don"t. There's a reason that this plane was released so early for a price....and I expect my money to go toward this particular endeavor...not the Viggen's typos.

Ummm... okay. If you look at the rest of what Cobra said it is clear that skipping this patch is about bigger changes to come. Every team has a capacity constraint and I doubt fixing the typos took much capacity (equally different team members do different things.

The module was sold as early access, and really in a good state. If that bothers you then just wait until it is complete.

So why is your team tackling typos and kneemaps on a product that's been out for 2 years? Look at the servers...F14 drivers vs Viggen drivers...you seriously need to think about your priorities.

When's the last time you saw a little toddler spend $70-$80 on a piece of software? If a toddler got $80 of allowance saved up...he or she would like to see the benefit as well if it all got dropped on one purchase.

Your signature looks like a toddlers' to me :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Omg all these cry babys. There is only 1 solution for you guys, dont play the F-14 for maybe 1 year and then come back. Maybe then you can be happy with the product. I love the F-14! And its the best launch of any aircraft to date in the DCS!

You do realize that "freely choos[ing]" HB's software by purchasing an $80 product that's not finished is a legit investment. I didn't buy a broken sim of a plane...I invested $72 into a finished product that doesn't exist yet. It's similar to investing in the stock market. If the company you invested in doesn't do a damn thing...you might ask questions.

You bought a retail license for an addon to a video game....nothing like investing in the stock market. It is NOT a ‘legit’ investment.

It’s not a financial instrument, you can’t do anything with it and you’re not going to make money off of it.

You knew it was early access, you bought it anyways, and now you’re inventing arguments to complain on the internet. Suck it up, contribute to bug fixes and testing, as an early access adopter can, shut up and fly it, or fly something else. It’s not a broken sim of a plane.

This thread is completely off topic. I asked a question originally about some jester changes that were in patch notes for an april patch. HB subsequently said they'd be in the next patch, but then, because software development ain't a straight fricken line, they changed that schedule... c'est la vie. And I appreciate their clarification.

Anyone complaining about the F-14 status needs a rectal-cranial-inversion. (complaining, not commenting or discussing issues and additional features needed) It took more than 8 months post EA beginning before the Hornet could fire a maverick. The 14 is in great condition, but definitely needs some lovin', which HB has continuously and regularly communicated. If I could have closed this thread after Cobra's response, I would have, as these things tend to spiral into an austistic spectrum nightmare.