Hornet update?

Ragnar65

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the afterburner detent implementation, this should be updated across the board to be the standard mechanic on all dcs modules with burner detents.

Wont have a chance to try this for a little while. What exactly does it do, that we didnt have, when already using Warthog base with a detent in?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I'm using the warthog and I don't think I ever installed the detent..it's probably something in thr box still. Will I have to change any bindings now?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Will be in the Hornet later today, will this not require us to press a button in order to go AB with weight on wheels?

To get into AB on the carrier you have to lift the fingerlifts. This is not the same as the AB detent. On a land base you can go into AB without the fingerlifts.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

To get into AB on the carrier you have to lift the fingerlifts. This is not the same as the AB detent. On a land base you can go into AB without the fingerlifts.

Some kind of change was made with that on this latest update. I can confirm that fingerlifts are now not required with WoW with launch bar down.

EDIT: There is a now a box to check or uncheck in the "SPECIAL" settings of the main menu that is labeled AFTERBURNER DETENT.

Edited by triplec76

Does that mean that realism corners are being cut to make things more user-friendly? I would find that a darn shame:(

Spoiler

Does that mean that realism corners are being cut to make things more user-friendly? I would find that a darn shame:(

What realism corners?

neofighter/A.E. W., a former Navy Hornet pilot, said on one of his youtube videos that the finger lifts were only for going from idle to off.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

What realism corners?

neofighter/A.E. W., a former Navy Hornet pilot, said on one of his youtube videos that the finger lifts were only for going from idle to off.

I missed that message. Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

Edit:

From NATOPS:

With weight on the wheels and launch bar extended or the arresting
hook DOWN, the afterburner lockout extends and the finger lifts must be raised or a force of
approximately 32 pounds must be applied before the throttles can be moved to MAX.

Edited by Mud
Spoiler

I'm using the warthog and I don't think I ever installed the detent..it's probably something in thr box still. Will I have to change any bindings now?

it's not in the box, it's actually already in your throttle and all you have to do is flip over the existing plastic insert. there are videos online, that explain how to do it, if you need help

it's not in the box, it's actually already in your throttle and all you have to do is flip over the existing plastic insert. there are videos online, that explain how to do it, if you need help
Oh ok interesting. I've never touched it so I don't really have a detent then. My throttles go all the way to the end of the rails. Not sure if I should keep it like this or flip it over now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So, there are two ways to go into AB with WoW and launch bar or hook down. These are discussed in NATOPS. The first way is with the fingerlifts, and the second is by applying a certain amount of force to go through the gate. I'm sure this is why AEW didn't mention it, I bet hardly anyone IRL uses the fingerlifts for that function since you can just push through it.

I actually think the button to turn off fingerlifts for AB is a good idea. It lets me program that button to something else since IRL I'd probably push through it anyway.

32 pounds of force is quite a bit though, isn't it?

Spoiler

I saw it, same question applies. Why ED implemented this new feature when it worked realistic before?

It only worked halfway realistically before. In the original release you had to use fingerlifts to get into full AB on a carrier takeoff. Now you can choose one or the other.

Edited by triplec76
Spelling

Remove pylons not even working....

The Update says:

ME F/A-18C payload panel. Added option for removing pylons in the payloads menu.

ME = Mission Editor and there it works perfectly fine!

It is not working if you do it in a mission via the rearm-menu.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings