Vaicom Pro?

Folks,

I've never tried any of those more advanced campaigns like The Enemy Within.

Do they/how do they work with Vaicom Pro? Is there any useful integration or do I have to fall back to the "old style" keyboard-operated radio? The latter would be a show stopper for me since I'm using VR and a motion rig only (no keyboard available there).

Thanks!

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

TEW 2.0 made heavy use of the F10 radio menu.

In TEW 3.0 I think these have mostly been replaced by messages like "Tune VHF to 144.50 MHz and press spacebar to continue". But I can't say for sure that you won't need the F10 radio menu at all; for instance, I think this is still used to hold information like coordinates in some cases. If you wrote them down quickly enough, you wouldn't need that, but if you can't access the F10 radio menu, then you couldn't look them up if you'd previously missed them.

Also, if you have no keyboard at all, I'm not sure if there's a way to rebind space to a controller button, or to a Vaicom command.

You can use ViaCom’s deep interrogate function (see the manual) or you can always replace F10 menu commands with “Take 2” for F2, “Take 5” for F5, etc.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Vaicom will add the special F10 commands as an "action" if you run the mission once ( you don't have to play it, just start it) you then have to add them to the command list through the configuration window - edit - finish, dialog. After you paste the new commands into the Edit Profile page they will show up as (for example) "Action Check In" or "Action Fence In." It creates a little extra prep work but allows you to be completely hands off on the radios...I am pretty sure the manual outlines the process.