[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

very cool mod. quick question. didn't see an answer in the wiki...

Can I only buy new aircraft/assets at the start of the campaign. in my current campaign on turn 3, i don't have a way to buy more stuff.

also, if i start a new campaign, does it just overwrite the old one? do i need to delete the old one? wouldn't mind starting over now that i am getting the hang of it.

thanks!

Agree 100%

How can people complain about something that is done for free and for their joy of DCS. Constructive and positive feedback is the way to go.

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

this is awesome. i used the original liberation and enjoyed it, but i was kind of disappointed that it only worked for the caucasus map. i like how this not only works for every map, but it also has different time periods/eras and seasons. the ability to choose which forces are fighting and the freedom to play as either opfor or blufor is fantastic. great work.

I think you forgot to attach the error??

After giving a try I had same error

Came across this from Samurai 1-1's channel on Youtube by pure chance.

Looked like fun.

However this is all I ever get after flying.

unknown.png

As far as I can say mission setup wise; doing a cold war 1965 on Caucasus Western Georgia [recommended], start date of Fall 1970

I've tried it twice now rebuilding the mission... twice; and this same error has popped up both times.

edit- just tried modern timeline and same thing happened.

Anyone have any ideas?

You all need to run DCS Liberation "2.0"

and you need to run it as Administrator.

It need to modify your Missionscripting.lua to allow writing stuff on HD.

If not you get this ERROR-MESSAGE!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

very cool mod. quick question. didn't see an answer in the wiki...

Can I only buy new aircraft/assets at the start of the campaign. in my current campaign on turn 3, i don't have a way to buy more stuff.

also, if i start a new campaign, does it just overwrite the old one? do i need to delete the old one? wouldn't mind starting over now that i am getting the hang of it.

thanks!

Click on a base, open base menu.

Yes. just start a new one.

This is a fantastic piece of software, thank you!

I have three somewhat related questions:

1) What is required to move a campaign between computers?

2) I play with a group and we use a dedicated sever, is this compatible with the DCS dedicated server software? If so how would it be run?

3) Is it possible to have multiple running (active, not with missions occurring simultaneously) campaigns at the same time on one computer? My group is interested in having a modern and WWII campaign in progress simultaneously.

Thanks!

Gekko

Hey. Thank you VeeSPIKE for your information. Helped me to see how to navigate github a bit. Guess that was part of my trouble. Pretty good info on how to. Still thing a nice pdf included in the dl would be nice but....whatever. That said, an incredible contribution to DCS an I do appreciate it.

You all need to run DCS Liberation "2.0"

and you need to run it as Administrator.

It need to modify your Missionscripting.lua to allow writing stuff on HD.

If not you get this ERROR-MESSAGE!

Just did it...but still same error

My bad...i didn't save settings!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TBear

This is an excellent campaign, kudos Khopa for the huge effort you (also shdwp and Wrycu of course) are putting into it.

I am playing your version (RC9) and so far it works great but last night I played a mission as a multiplayer hosted mission and when I finished and exited, the Liberation app still said it is ongoing, it didn't notice that I quit the mission (I used "Leave server", not "Quit to desktop"). What can I do in such a case? How can I "force" the app to realize that the mission is over? What might I have done wrong?

I was playing alone in this MP mission, I want to start the campaign with my squad next week but want to first do a couple dry-runs myself so by the time we start playing with the guys I know all the necessary stuff and have some workarounds for possible problems.

Thanks in advance!

If anyone else had a similar problem before and has a solution, please let me know.

Is it not necessary to save the debrief after flying a mission? In the wiki on the github page it just says to click accept results, then click ok, and the mission results will save, no mention of having to save the debriefing file yourself.

Is it not necessary to save the debrief after flying a mission? In the wiki on the github page it just says to click accept results, then click ok, and the mission results will save, no mention of having to save the debriefing file yourself.

ya i think in 2.0 it's all automatic now.

I have to agree, this is the best addition to my DCS experience since... well, ever!

I'm currently having a blast trying to push back the enemy by any means, in my 70s campaign mostly flying the Viggen.

The software adds another dimension to DCS, you get to participate on a larger scale, but still not limiting the sense of openness and flexibility DCS is built upon.

Great job! I wish ED would take notes and incorporate something like this into the native game.

Despite a high end pc I experienced terrible stutters and fps drops to an unplayable level.

Anyone else having this?

Yeah, I'm having the same issue, unfortunately. It's just about playable for me, but only just. Seems like there's a LOT going on in the missions, and DCS isn't well optimised for these kinds of massive battles.

That said, what I have seen of Liberation so far is HUGELY impressive. Definitely the most immersive and enjoyable DCS campaign I've ever experienced. I cannot wait for ED to do a slick, optimised dynamic campaign.

Huge kudos and thanks to the creators of Liberation in the meantime, though. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah, same here but its more noticeable whenever I run a PG based campaign. Caucasus runs smoother.

Today I flew it multiplayer with a buddy and I was able to host him and run the mission - was pretty good overall.

Definitely a nice addition to DCS's rather stale environment. Really happy with it and kudos to the dev.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

First time i ran it i used the default 100km culled objects, and it was a slideshow in vr, backed that down to 35 and it was back to normal, so maybe ill find a setting in there that makes it playable while keeping some units for my next mission.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Liberation Campaign on the OpenBeta Server

Is there any way to run the Liberation Campaign the OpenBeta server?

Even just running the mission while keeping the Liberation software running on a client PC.

The original Liberation campaign was already very impressive, but this new version really is fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks khopa!

(and of course thanks to shdwp as well!)

One question though; Sorry for my ignorance and maybe it's because English is not my native language, but what does culling do/mean exactly?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

This mod is literally a game changer for DCS . I haven't used or really had a reason to use the A10, the Ka50, the Huey, or anything other than the Tomcat lately. Now I am back to using all my planes and enjoying them. It is great to switch around using different aircraft depending on where the campaign needs help.

A memorable instance was after taking LAr Airbase as Blueforce and finding myself in an 'Alamo' situation trying to fend off attacks from three forces coming from three directions. That called for some serious close air support and after refreshing how to fly the A10C and the Ka50 I had managed to push them back.

I think DCS should take note of this dynamic campaign and its implications. I finally have a reason to buy more aircraft !

Cant wait for the Syrian map campaign...

Also my thanks to Khopa...This is priceless..

Edited by Edo1946

A memorable instance was after taking LAr Airbase as Blueforce and finding myself in an 'Alamo' situation trying to fend off attacks from three forces coming from three directions. That called for some serious close air support and after refreshing how to fly the A10C and the Ka50 I had managed to push them back.

I agree with your comments. This is a great add-on to DCS.

I've been trying different tactics when facing the relentless enemy. In ME I've added a cruise missile attack from one of the navy ships to one of the enemy airbases taking out their ammo and fueling facilities and runway. I'm not sure how the game handles runway repair but we will see as the missions progress.

I'm also using wingies more effectively with different loadouts for SEAD and CAP to fend off the baddies while blowing up things on the ground. Easy to change out in ME

Great fun!