JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Tried the server for the first time today, very fun!

One request: can the Harrier get a gun pod? Once I run out of heaters the fun stops! Thx!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Tried the server for the first time today, very fun!

One request: can the Harrier get a gun pod? Once I run out of heaters the fun stops! Thx!

Coming ASAP.

Enjoy the server !

Cheers !:thumbup:

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Coming ASAP.

Enjoy the server !

Cheers !:thumbup:

Thanks!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I like the idea of going to the PG map, but what happened to the airstart harrier?

Edit: also can’t seem to rearm in the F15C, ground crew always says unable to rearm...

Edited by Sandman1330

• 3 weeks later...
a few minutes of dogfight (yesterday afternoon)

Hi Oberst !

Wonderful adrenaline rush !

Many thanks for your video.

You are always welcome to our server. :thumbup:

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Oberst !

Wonderful adrenaline rush !

Many thanks for your video.

You are always welcome to our server.

Thanks! ;)

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

I like the idea of going to the PG map, but what happened to the airstart harrier?

Edit: also can’t seem to rearm in the F15C, ground crew always says unable to rearm...

Try re-arming with your engines off.

Also, @figher, thanks for making this excellent server. I was playing earlier today, and scored my first MP A2A kill ( got an F-15C in a Su-27 w/ a R-73). I have a request: would you mind adding AWACS? I know that this is a dogfight server, but (I think) will make it more interesting.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Try re-arming with your engines off.

Also, @figher, thanks for making this excellent server. I was playing earlier today, and scored my first MP A2A kill ( got an F-15C in a Su-27 w/ a R-73). I have a request: would you mind adding AWACS? I know that this is a dogfight server, but (I think) will make it more interesting.

Hi there !

It's always nice to hear that people are enjoying our little server.

Also good job on your A/A MP debut ! I wish you many many more splashes and hours of fun !

Regarding AWACS : the main reason of not having it, is that it will spoil the hide and hunt fun in the mountains near Batumi.

Many pilots go radio silent hunters and I have seen some amazing fights there.

A couple of tips :

- Most of the fun is along the line between Batumi (blue base) and Senaki (red base).

- The guns area is more hard-core but also crazy fun. I have seen some amazing pilots and dogfights there.

- Put your labels on. They are only small dots, and only active when the other plane is about 6 nm away. Ground assets are shown much further away and are good for visual orientation. They can be distracting though and you can switch them off separately. Plus they help to only shoot enemies and not friendlies (by been red or blue).

- You can spawn some AI enemy planes through the F10 menu. For when no one else is there to fight with you.

Hope to see you online again soon !

Enjoy !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi there !

Enjoy !

Nice Server, but miss few 1vs1 guns duel slots

hardware to fly around the world now

У авторов РЛЭ уж точно данные продувок в распоряжении были 

Hi there !

Also good job on your A/A MP debut ! I wish you many many more splashes and hours of fun !

Regarding AWACS : the main reason of not having it, is that it will spoil the hide and hunt fun in the mountains near Batumi.

Many pilots go radio silent hunters and I have seen some amazing fights there.

A couple of tips :

- Most of the fun is along the line between Batumi (blue base) and Senaki (red base).

- The guns area is more hard-core but also crazy fun. I have seen some amazing pilots and dogfights there.

- Put your labels on. They are only small dots, and only active when the other plane is about 6 nm away. Ground assets are shown much further away and are good for visual orientation. They can be distracting though and you can switch them off separately. Plus they help to only shoot enemies and not friendlies (by been red or blue).

- You can spawn some AI enemy planes through the F10 menu. For when no one else is there to fight with you.

Enjoy !

I perfectly understand, I'm just used to the AWACS calls. And, I'll be sure to be on the server again soon. It's one of the few servers that doesn't fry my PC :megalol: !

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Nice Server, but miss few 1vs1 guns duel slots

Hi HDpilot !

Your comment was the final drop that tipped the scale to actually sit down and implement it.

Just out of the oven, 1 area with 1vs1 slots.

Slots begin with "1v1", followed by the coalition/area id, B1 for Blue or R1 for Red. "1" is the area ID (just one area for now).

Only one of the available planes may be occupied at any time (per coalition and area ID). If the system is occupied a message will inform the attempting player with the message "Already taken by <playername>"

Planes have 2 IRs missiles, if you want only guns, don't use them (or just launch them to save weight).

Please report all bugs here.

Enjoy !
Edited by Flighter

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi HDpilot !

Your comment was the final drop that tipped the scale to actually sit down and implement it.

:thumbup: THX

hardware to fly around the world now

У авторов РЛЭ уж точно данные продувок в распоряжении были 

Hi HDpilot !

Enjoy !

Thanks for the 1vs 1 dogfights slots, the server gets better and better!

May I suggest to incorporate also a single 1 vs 1 BVR slot , i know it's a ''dogfight'' server or that we can land and rearm with BVR missiles in the main area, but it would be cool to have it and practice immediate BVR engagements (pure action time), without waisting time with takeoff/ landing / rearming etc.

Has been 17 months full time serving hours !

Update 06-JUL-2018 - :

The main sever is now on 2.5.x stable.

The backup server may run periodically one of the maps on latest Open Beta.

In the 17 months of operation we had (both servers):

• more than 99.9 % uptime
  • 8185 players with multiple connections
  • 15998 unique player names
  • 79584 connections
  • 228 GB of ziped tacview records

Thanks for all your flying hours !

attachment.php?attachmentid=188574&stc=1&d=1530116412

attachment.php?attachmentid=188575&stc=1&d=1530117010

JDF-PlayersPerMonth-201806.png.aa41e1982157140e6ef847344e5df302.png

tacviewProperties-201806.png.e4f5319cc1b3d94103b8f7a64a45e1ef.png

Edited by Flighter

🙂 Smile 🙂

17-JUN-2018 - Until further notice :

The main sever will stay on version 2.5.0 -- the one version that supports the older, faster renderer.

Once all of our visitors update and the server runs out of players, we will probably close it down.

In the 17 months of operation we had (both servers):

• more than 99.9 % uptime
  • 8185 players with multiple connections
  • 15998 unique player names
  • 79584 connections
  • 228 GB of ziped tacview records

Thanks for all your flying hours !

attachment.php?attachmentid=188574&stc=1&d=1530116412

attachment.php?attachmentid=188575&stc=1&d=1530117010

So the server is no longer on openbeta?

HP Z400 Workstation

The secondary server runs Open Beta. No changes there yet.

Oh ok.

HP Z400 Workstation

• 2 weeks later...
Love the server =D question regarding the labels. How the heck did you do that? I would love that for all my campaigns on DCS.

Hi Johnathan.

You are always welcome to our server !

You can do the labels for all your missions by placing an alternative lua file (attached) in your local config. The folder should be in: <your user drive and folder>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View

For example in my machine the file is :

C:\Users\flighter\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\labels.lua

Note that :

-"DCS" may be something different according to the version of the DCS that you are running (eg DCS.openbeta)

- The "View" folder mentioned above may not exist. In this case you have to create it yourself.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Labels.lua

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Johnathan.

You are always welcome to our server !

You can do the labels for all your missions by placing an alternative lua file (attached) in your local config. The folder should be in: <your user drive and folder>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View

For example in my machine the file is :

C:\Users\flighter\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\labels.lua

Note that :

-"DCS" may be something different according to the version of the DCS that you are running (eg DCS.openbeta)

- The "View" folder mentioned above may not exist. In this case you have to create it yourself.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Greatly appreciated!

Communication

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've searched, and tried, and no luck...

I've joined the server, and played a bit, but I cannot figure out how to chat or teamspeak…

Pretty new to DCS and TeamSpeak etc. so I have no idea where I'm doing it wrong.

Want to do some 1V1 or guns only fighting...

What needs to be true for Player Exports to be turned back On in the server? When I was with the 104th I did a bunch of legwork consolidating info from dev’s to prove out that this option only allows ownship exports and introduces no risk of cheating, so I’m curious why it’s turned off in this server?

The main drawback for me is that my JetSeat SE doesn’t work, which kills immersion for me in dogfighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've searched, and tried, and no luck...

I've joined the server, and played a bit, but I cannot figure out how to chat or teamspeak…

Pretty new to DCS and TeamSpeak etc. so I have no idea where I'm doing it wrong.

Want to do some 1V1 or guns only fighting...

Shift + tab gives you chat to all, ctrl + tab gives you chat to allies only. Just tab turns the message window on or off.