Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

App crashes on load. Checked to see if .Net was up to date and it was... :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

App crashes on load. Checked to see if .Net was up to date and it was... :/

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and let me know the details for any errors you have listed for Kneeboardbuilder.exe or save the log and pm me a copy

For windows 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save select events: control-left click on the event(s) you want to save -> right click -> save selected events -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the event log to me at s13solutions@gmail.com. Thanks.

Sorry AlaskanGrizzly,

This one think it's better...

Thanks. A few more questions if you have the time:

Does this happen on every .pdf file you try to import or just one?

Are there any special characters in the .pdf name or the path name?

And I am assuming your system language is Portuguese, correct?

Thanks. A few more questions if you have the time:

Does this happen on every .pdf file you try to import or just one?

Are there any special characters in the .pdf name or the path name?

And I am assuming your system language is Portuguese, correct?

1) It happens in every PDF;

2) No, just normal characters;

3)Yes, it's in Portuguese.

Thanks for the quick anwser...

Cheers

Problem solved...

System language was the issue here..

Edited by MROK73
Problem solved...

Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and let me know the details for any errors you have listed for Kneeboardbuilder.exe or save the log and pm me a copy

For windows 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save select events: control-left click on the event(s) you want to save -> right click -> save selected events -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the event log to me at s13solutions@gmail.com. Thanks.

Hey Grizzley...

Sorry, I'll get these files to ya today.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hi Grizzley,

I meant to get back to you sooner, but ...

Anyway, I sort of solved my problem with the Win 10 crash on load.

Came across a youtube piece by Bunyap Sims on your app, and somewhere in his presentation he mentioned trying running as admistrator if strange things were happening. Doing that apparently fixed my problem.

However, there was some strangeness in doing this. To run the app, I right clicked on the .exe and selected "run as administrator". That worked. Later I just double clicked the exe file rather than specifying "run as admin" and it also ran fine. I'm not sure why that is. Either run as admin is modal, and I was still in it, or the app was somehow tagged to be run with admin permissions or ???

I have not been on that machine since, and since the various kneeboard builder launches were in the same session, I'd like to try the simple double click (not in admin mode), and see what happens.

The app ran fine on my other win10 system; that was a head scratcher. However, that machine was a hand-me-down from my son, and after I received it, I continued to run under his account (which probably had admin permissions).

So, in my case, it boils down to "run the app as admin". Why this is so is above my pay grade.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AlaskanGrizzly,

I have exactly the same problem as MROK73. W10 64 bits.

My system language is French.

Seams that changing it to English solved it for MROK73 so I'll try tomorrow night. But in case it's the solution would it be possible to have it system language independent?

Anyway, the rest works great and thanks for the great work so far.

Overscan

Hi

I just started using your Kneeboard Builder after seeing it on Bunyaps YT .

It updated itself to ver 1.6.7.4 right after I installed it.

It all appears to be working fine as it should ... except...

When selecting "Kneeboard Settings" the window that opens is oversize.

I don't know by how far. I don't know if there is anything below "Kneeboard Colors".

I'm on Win7, screen res 1920 x 1080

This is what I see:

Overscan.thumb.JPG.2d2cc46b948591039b8a1666675ef8ea.JPG

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Hi

I just started using your Kneeboard Builder after seeing it on Bunyaps YT .

It updated itself to ver 1.6.7.4 right after I installed it.

It all appears to be working fine as it should ... except...

When selecting "Kneeboard Settings" the window that opens is oversize.

I don't know by how far. I don't know if there is anything below "Kneeboard Colors".

I'm on Win7, screen res 1920 x 1080

This is what I see:

I am not quite sure why its doing that to you. However you should be able to resize the window to the correct size by clicking on the 'Maximize Window' button at the top right.

I am not quite sure why its doing that to you. However you should be able to resize the window to the correct size by clicking on the 'Maximize Window' button at the top right.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that IS with the Window Maximised... :(

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Are you able to resize it the window at all?

I can resize it smaller but the scale only changes for the cockpit/kneeboard picture.

The input panels stay large scale.

Opening Kneeboard Settings on my 2nd monitor reveals a "little" more of the input panels

Overscan2.thumb.JPG.07fb9e20e8eb26dcd6abd39155a90ef5.JPG

Overscan3.thumb.JPG.7747c0374d1c008e06c1ab7de283ea4d.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
I can resize it smaller but the scale only changes for the cockpit/kneeboard picture.

The input panels stay large scale.

Opening Kneeboard Settings on my 2nd monitor reveals a "little" more of the input panels

Look for this setting under "Display" in Control Panel. I've seen the larger settings cause windows in custom software to not quite fit the screen.

k0zzHn2.jpg

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Look for this setting under "Display" in Control Panel. I've seen the larger settings cause windows in custom software to not quite fit the screen.

Thanks doodenkoff

Spot on, you nailed it. :thumbup:

Unfortunately I'll just have to live with it as 100% @ 1080 on my 24" is too small for my old eyes.. :inv: I need my 125% :geek:

Kneeboard builder will not run in windows.."A problem caused the programme to stop working"

Sorry for the late replay. Please send me your error logs immediately after you try running Kneeboard Builder. E-mail them to s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

For windows 10:

Any idea what's happened with it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is returning a "file not found" error, but I am trying to determine which file. This can also occur if you did not extract the zip file to a non-protected folder or drive before running Kneeboard Builder. You can also try running it as an administrator and see if that helps.

Sorry for the late reply too. I got caught up in a very long work schedule and forgot about it.

Version 1.6.7.5 Released

Version 1.6.7.5 is now available.

Changelog

- Fixed wrong SA342M Gazelle custom kneeboard folder name

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a file system change implemented in DCS World versions 1.5.3 and 2.0.1, this version of Kneeboard Builder may not modify the default kneeboards correctly for prior versions of DCS World.