Slew AGM-65F

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requiring TDC designate to be depressed to slew is just stupid beyond words. I hope that gets changed. Nearly impossible to use the depress function on the WH's slew control and slew the Mav's seeker. Frustrating enough that I'm not even flying the Hornet.

I assume holding the TDC is functionally accurate. If so, Its what we need to learn to use if we want a study sim. That said, I look forward to their update.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I assume holding the TDC is functionally accurate. If so, Its what we need to learn to use if we want a study sim. That said, I look forward to their update.
The HMCS projects into the right side but there is an option to project to the left or or even both.

Keyboards are not in (most) aircraft, yet are programmable in the Sim.

HOTAS buttons, shifted layers and cockpit switches aren't customizable to each pilot in real life, yet they are in the Sim.

My point being, realism only works if it does. PC gaming hardware is not set up for this function, using a separate button is a work around that may work for some. But a special option solves the issue. Then you can continue using it like you like to, and everyone else can do the same, as they please.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The HMCS projects into the right side but there is an option to project to the left or or even both.

HOTAS buttons, shifted layers and cockpit switches aren't customizable to each pilot in real life, yet they are in the Sim.

My point being, realism only works if it does. PC gaming hardware is not set up for this function, using a separate button is a work around that may work for some. But a special option solves the issue. Then you can continue using it like you like to, and everyone else can do the same, as they please.

This! :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The slew rate for AGMs will prob change in a future patch. The TDC depress however will prob not, you can however assign another button on your HOTAS for TDC depress and exactly what I have done.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

You can assign TDC press to another spare controller/button on your HOTAS. I have it set to TMS fwd since the TMS is not used at all.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Ill be happy to stick with reality. Mileage will vary.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Mileage will vary.

Precisely. This is my vary point. An option allows for all users to curtail that varying milage.

You've appeared to have missed the core concept of my post.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Map the TDC press down action to something besides the sticks TDC. Works great. Warthog stick TDC doesnt have the physical ability to work. Least mine doesnt.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Hi Guys,

I got the Slew update ministick for the Warthog, works “relatively” well with deadband3, x/y, 100 and 100 and curves 15. It is the same what Waggs is using on his last video about TDC.

I am using the TDC depress on the TDC itself and it took a bit to get used to the functionality as in RL.

I know they will fine tune it soon.

Good luck,

Sydy

Same problem: using the TDC axes assigned to the TM Warthog Throttle nipple I can only slew the Maverick along the diagonals (up+left, up+right, down+left, down+right) and not directly up, down, left or right. Slew works properly in other screens (radar, hud etc.)

You can assign TDC press to another spare controller/button on your HOTAS. I have it set to TMS fwd since the TMS is not used at all.

what I'm also doing as well, have the TDC depress mapped to something easier to press with my other hand.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not even the Warthog gets it done with 1 button only although it was multiple slew sensor that can be pressed aswell. It just doesnt work.

I have it working on my WH throttle without having to press the TDC button.

However, I use TARGET SCRIPT.

If you or anyone is interested, I've posted the script under the Thrustmaster threads or contact me.

Since I found it to be totally cumbersome to use that stick at all as it can't handle X and Y axis movement at the same time in DCS (which is a general DCS issue), I don't use it at all and stick to using my FFB2 hat switch with a modifier key to slew TDC and the trigger button with the same modifier to depress the TDC. Works great twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I think the TDC depress is fine, once you get used to it it kind of makes sense. :-)

The issue for myself and I think others is that something appears broken on the slew to the left using the Warthog Throttle sensor slew digital hat. (Front right hat)

My throttle hat responds correctly to key presses in all directions in the DCS adjust controls settings throttle column in the F18 Sim controller settings.

Back in the Hornet (for me) the F MAV will only respond to up, down, and right key presses. Left does nothing? This same Hat switch responds correctly to other operating modes like radar slew in the F18 and also works correctly in other aircraft modules.

So I have to assume there is something in wrong in F MAV code somewhere?

I agree that this is currently almost impossible on the Warthog throttle. I've remapped the TDC depress to another button which solves it. Having said that, I do like the thinking behind it. I'm finding it easier for the MAV to lock onto my intended target compared to the way the MAVs work with the A-10C.

As an aside, I find the overall operation of the Bug to be much more straightforward / intuitive than the Hog!

Are you binding keys or are you using Joy Buttons? I'm guessing that key binding could be an issue since you are now holding down 2 keys and maybe the combo is confusing DCS?

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

Are you binding keys or are you using Joy Buttons? I'm guessing that key binding could be an issue since you are now holding down 2 keys and maybe the combo is confusing DCS?

I would lay money on this being the problem: I gave up using the Logitech software to map buttons to keystrokes for that exact reason. I've found that when multiple keystrokes are delivered to Windows simultaneously, a handful of random other keys will be ignores until the first couple are released, but not all others.

I first ran into that problem 15 years ago playing Freespace 2 with no joystick on a Windows ME box. Flying with the number-pad, I could only pitch OR yaw if i was holding down spacebar to shoot; I could not do both.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No I don’t think this is the issue as the two button combo works seamlessly for the up down and right hat switch slew directions. It’s just the left hat direction that does not slew the F Maverick. The left button is recognised in the DCS controller settings just like all the other directions, it just does not do anything in the game for F maverick left slew

I haven’t tried with a different button being the TDC depress but I only bind the keys through DCS. I have no issues with the radar just the MAV. I don’t mind if they keep it the way it is as long as I can move the cursor. It’s just very strange behavior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just got back to the Hornet for the first time in a while tonight to try out the Mavericks, and yeah... just not happening with the Warthog 'nipple' as the TDC. It goes in every direction I don't want it to, except left. It never goes left. And yet, as others said, I can slew the radar without issue.

I tried using the coolie hat beside it as the TDC movement, while keeping the nipple as 'TDC depress', and then nothing worked! And I can't get anything to do move the TDC now... which is really weird... Hopefully ED are aware of this, I imagine quite a few of us have Warthogs!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR