July 2014 Update #1

Wags

You get the map as well.

Thank you. It's ok. It was expected. This solution is much better than nothing. Anyways. I wish if I could just pay now the extra 20 usd to upgrade my tier and get the FW 190.. but well It's seems like is too late... sadly.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll swap my p51d key for the map alpha purrdy please...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Everyone is losing something on this.... including ED. This is the best they can do... and still give is a complete WWII environment...

Stop waving this map as an universal good.

IIRC it's big as a paper towel.

And THAT is a COMPLETE WWII environment?

Sooo Hawkinge to Paris will be doable?

Since this map is so important... let's hear some details about it.

Go on. I'm waiting.

Moral of the story: Don't pledge a KS project unless you are ready and prepared to watch that money go to waste with the "promised" deliverable never delivered. That is the nature of the crowd sourcing beast., welcome to 2014 gentlemen. It is sad to see the number of posters who are somehow confused in regards to what their investment actually was...it was a pledge towards a non-guaranteed deliverable...in other words it was a donation. A donation with a potential kickback if things went according to plan. Well, they didn't go according to plan and you should be happy ED is cleaning up the mess for you. All of the unappreciative posters in here should take a step back and realize that when they pledged, nothing was legally guaranteed to them. If it weren't for ED stepping in, they'd be left with nothing for whatever amount they pledged. You should be thanking ED for ANYTHING you get, even if the net value is just a new map...because what your KS investment technically yielded you was nothing (since the project fell through). Not happy about? Go look in the mirror and complain to yourself about how you should learn to invest your money more wisely.

All of that said, I don't agree or understand the not letting pledgers pick at least their first plane. To me that is a poor business decision that was made because ED doesn't want to deal with the coordination of it all. However, from a customer service perspective, dealing with that initial headache (coordination) and earning return customers (as opposed to be potentially alienating them) in return is a wise investment. One simple change could solve 90% of the outstanding complains. I hope ED comes to their senses on that one.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Go on. I'm waiting.

I'm gonna give you 1 public warning to calm down.......

Wooooosah Man... Calm down, open a new browser window, google Kittens, rub your ears, something.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Where do you get that out of the announcement? "For example: each aircraft will retail at $49.99; however, you will receive the item instead at only $20.00. This is in addition to other items such as the Normandy map ($20 contribution and above) and other perks as the backing contribution level rises."

Sorry, but I don't agree with getting another key for the mustang.

If it would have been a choice in the kickstarter, I would have never chosen a tier with the mustang in it. I would have taken something else or never would have backed at all. Don't get me wrong, the mustang is cool, but getting another key is just a waste of money.

I would like to have the option to swap the mustang with another plane.

I respect what you guys are doing, but to me this makes little sense.

Edited by dikkeduif

That is how they're valuing each module to your reward. @ $40 you get two planes, thus valued @ $20/each. When they're released they WILL be full priced until they go on sale. We aren't getting a discount on purchase because we are backers. It was confirmed by Sith in the update thread somewhere between page 8-12.

Found it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2111171&postcount=106

No, all modules you dont receive will need to be purchased at full price.

Edited by Siq6Six

If you backed 20 or over you get the map.

Yes, but not alpha access to it. According to Wags, Normandy Alpha is at $140+.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

• ED Team

Go on. I'm waiting.

Our ultimate goal is to create a unique battlefield environment within DCS World that is specifically tailored to Second World War air combat. This is a combination of the period aircraft, maps, navigation, communications, and objects that creates a total experience. DCS World is designed to encompass multiple time periods and locations, and we see this as a keystone endeavor for just one slice of DCS World.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Would be nice to be given a choice in what airframes we want.

aye, cause i bet all of the backers already own the p-51 :(

apart from that the new list is fine, at least for me (i only get 190 and mustang)

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

My first choice instead of the p51d (which I already own) would be the Schwalbe, but alpha access to the map would be fine as well :)

Anyhoo, another vote to let us choose which planes we want (at least the first plane).

You are right, they are involved, they are trying to keep the project alive, and deliver the best WWII experience we have seen.... and they are trying to build it off the train wreck this has been so far... so yes, they are involved...

True.. true..

As well as being a development partner as stated in the original KS.

• Like 1

Well... I'm not really happy abou this but I understand that this is the best, or at least near the best we could hope for. I'm still a bit sad that we can't choose the plane. But I understand that the "free" Mustang doesn't do any harm to ED, which is why they give us that one. I'll gift it to a family member then.

Also I suggest that ED provides a possibility to get some additional stuff. early. I'd love to spend some bucks now (and perhaps get a small bonus) instead of waiting for the modules to be released. Or spend some extra money for alpha access, which will be done for some of us anyway, so it won't cost ED anything, which will help them as well. Think about it. :-)

And thanks for the update. I hope ED will change their update policy to a more regular schedule again if we show that we have learned to behave. :-)