Gladiator non-PRO is now compatible with MCG/MCGPRO

AeroGator

We had announced (and reiterated) that the new Modern Combat Grips are only compatible with the PRO version of the Gladiator joystick.

Moreover, Gladiator itself, a robust and versatile budget device, is going to be discontinued.

We leaked some of our plans to launch a new line of budget joysticks...

HOWEVER, we keep receiving letters from Gladiator owners who are asking for ways to fit the MCG on the Gladiator base.

Here is a tiny device that would help Gladiator non-PRO owners to use their base with the newest grips.

The shaft itself, a connecting cable, two pre-installed bearings, and a lock bar.

It will take minutes to replace a plastic shaft with this metal one, reconnect the cable, and voila, you can continue using your Gladiator with a new grip.

WARNING: Please see the picture. MCG is taller than KG12, and if you opt to use it with a twist adapter, it will be yet even taller.

This might change the ergonomics of the joystick considerably, so please bear it in mind.

This is a one time offer; we will once produce a limited number of adapters, and that will be it.

How many will be made depends on how many people contact our dealers.

There will be no pre-orders, rather sort of 'wish list'.

These upgrade kits will be available around mid-April, and will retail for US$ 21 (unshipped).

967626995_2BD6E6992FEE646F7CC0A089C86EB83392E651A04C1BA30AE5pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg.6cccc519dbdde75a3590a2975555c3e8.jpg

211506744_7B2DE864828DB90A41BF0F5592AC5B76093F23E932675EEB35pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.dd3d506fe43ae31d89baee6c84f4bcec.jpg

1609230231_046C051753D785E7F3FAC68B3F5C18216717D041758496668Apimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg.8f1aec8cc5a239711bd68eb0607bfb5e.jpg

Edited by AeroGator

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

That's good news indeed! :thumbup:

Edit: 'VKB-Sim Gladiator Upgrade Kit Lite' https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-gladiator-upgrade-kit-lite (I am using the pre-order option to facilitate an accurate count for VKB's production run).

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I’ll take one that way I can move the mcg to the gladiator when you bring out the f18 grip contacted vkb na about buying one in email

Three more questions

1) will it work with the mcg pro?

2) will it work with the extension?

3) any way to get a 90 degree left throttle handle

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I have some questions as well.

Which version of the MCG sticks will work with the adapter? The 3-pin or 5-pin sticks?

Will the twist functionality of the non-pro Gladiators be lost or will it still work?

Thanks!

1) will it work with the mcg pro?

2) will it work with the extension?

3) any way to get a 90 degree left throttle handle

1 - Yes, as said in the subject line of the original post

2 - Yes but you shouldn't. This base was not originally designed for such load. Besides, the twist will become counter ergonomical if you use it with an extension. It is nice on a side grip but may feel odd on a centrally located extension.

3 - Not sure I understand the q.

>

AeroGator

twist functionality

Twist is a function of a grip, not of the base.

Hence, if you want to keep the twist after upgrade, you will need to get a twist adapter. (will be available within a couple of months, so more or less they will arrive at the same time).

>

AeroGator