• Su-24M "Fencer-D"
    • Panavia Tornado GR.4
    • Panavia Tornado F.3
    • MiG-29SM "Fulcrum-C"
    • MiG-29K "Fulcrum-D"
    • MiG-35 "Fulcrum-F"
    • Other-Post In Comment

I see it in options like that:

1. I think that the issue isn if the FC3 airplanes get updated, and FC3 pack owners get those updates, it would still be called FC3 even tho most of the airplanes in the pack would be different, so that's why at some point it would be a good idea to call the pack FC4 or something.

2. Otherwise, the FC3 pack should be discontinued and not updated, and you would get proper fidelity aircraft separately. Obviously less customer friendly option. Unless, a special procedure is made where existing FC3 owners get 60% off the newly updated airplanes which would be converted to individual modules.

I also think that the OP more realistically meant that if FC4 would just be a separate pack for the updated airplanes from the same module

Then again, is it worth making A-10A a full fidelity airplane? FC4 then would probably not be some kind of an updated FC3, would it still make sense calling it Flaming Cliffs ?

Now the Su-33 got updated, the FC3 owners got updated for free, so now things are already looking like FC3.4 or something (for example), if I count all the years before Su-33 and FC3 initial release.

Now I was about to be done writing this, but it gave me an idea. I'm not opposed to FC3 being a module for multiple planes, not at all, but if the future really won't hold Flaming Cliffs, or some kind of a new package, with all the advancements, with so many modules, and many maps, I would move A-10A to the free DCS core, that would kinda make sense so the free version is understandably not full fidelity and you don't need to update it just so it would be worthy of other updated FC3 or FC4 aircraft.

The best planes in the game are the FC3 planes. A clickable Su27/33/25 would be instabuy, just like some other players would like to have the F15C clickable and lets not forget the Mig29.

But as usual, the answer to russian jets is "Classified". What is so classified about the old Su-25 or the old Mig29?

With all the updates to the Russian military, can someone get through and ask if the old stuff be more relaxed.

Official letter to the ministry of defence ... any volunteers?

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of the Vietnam air war. I'd certainly welcome FC4 being specifically Vietnam era specific aircraft eg.

1. map of NVN/SVN

2. US a/c - F4, F105, A4, A6, A7

3. NVN a/c - Mig 17, Mig 19, Mig 21

Atleast we get something that can be a complete war scenario with period specific a/c, etc rather than the mish mash of everything which is what we have currently

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

No thanks, I will gladly wait two years or more to get a full fidelity module than a shoddy module. Plz flankerman stop suggesting these modern planes, you will not see these aircraft (other than maybe a tornado) in a sim for a long time.

I was inverted B)

• 2 weeks later...

Same Topic, Different Title.

//Merged

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

HOW could you forget MiG-31 in your poll !!! ?? Aaaaarrrghhhh xD (multicrew ftw)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I know it's super-duper unlikely, as right now ED and the 3rd party companies are mainly (or maybe completely) focused on aircraft...

I don't know what is beyond 'super-duper' but that is where FC4 is.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

MiG-31 "Foxhound".

HOW could you forget MiG-31 in your poll !!! ?? Aaaaarrrghhhh xD (multicrew ftw)

I know, I know, but there are too many other cool jets. Still, R-33s are something good if you're on the red side, so I'd certainly welcome it as well!:thumbup:

Especially since they can re-aquire targets when target pops back up out of a valley! xD (it works in DCS MiG-31 Ai!)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's understandable that ED only want new modules in their standard, but more 3rd Party would be really nice to see in this situation. Even if the mod makers are not qualified for controllable module, refine their model and add into AI units instead of rebuild the same plane from zero in future would at least not waste their work. Just like what Deka Ironwork Simulations are doing: bring some AI units when waiting for a complete controllable module.

What is so classified about the old Su-25 or the old Mig29?

Obviously things you are not aware of...

In some cases it might be a matter of not confirming information that shouldn't have been released in the first place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Sure but it would be misaccurate if made as a module, especially in an FM area.

Performance data for a lot of the Soviet-era aircraft are freely available (see German MIG-29's, Polish SU-17's, etc). It's getting the permission from the Russian's to make these modules that is the problem. It wouldn't be an issue of ED was based in the West, but ED is based in Russia, so they have to play by Russian rules.

I would like all of them honestly, but with PFM, i dont care abour clickable cockpit, clicking a virtual button in a game dont make you a pilot.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

No more Flaming Cliffs level aircrafts

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Has this "all russian aircraft are classified and not avalible" rumor ever been verified? I am doubtful. In that case, why do we have the Ka-50 module? It was made with support from

Kamov.

Dealing with russian companies, IP's, lack of data, popularity/profitability etc. are more likely reasons for not doing more redforce modules. But I hope that we will get more russian aircrafts

in DCS, FC4 or full fidelity.

It was made with support from Kamov...

Shortly after the break up of the Soviet Union, when the Russians were desperate for cash and on reasonably good terms with the US.

That was a long time ago, and things change.

Edit

A more relevant concern for this thread is that ED has expressly stated they will never do non-study modules again.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Edit

A more relevant concern for this thread is that ED has expressly stated they will never do non-study modules again.

And thank god for that! All of the FC3 aircraft + Frogfoot should be sufficient for non-study fans long in to the future. ED should update these modules intermittently as new tech and techniques become "standard" in builds of DCS and call it a day. Minimize time wasted/spent on the FC3 stuff.

Just my $0.02, and before the Harrier I had spent 100% of my time on the FC3 stuff only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Instead of adding more aircraft why not make an effort to bring the aircraft we have up to the standards we have and make the ai system better by having the ai crew members do their jobs and be able to program the ai to be instructors and interact with the the rl pilot

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.