• MiG-29SM "Fulcrum-C"
    • MiG-29K "Fulcrum-D"
    • MiG-35 "Fulcrum-F"
    • Other-Post In Comment

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! You're fast, FlyingPhotog! I didn't even get to post the poll before you responded! Yeah, PFMs and clickable cockpits for the FC3 aircraft would be nice. The reason for so many variants of similar aircraft is because I can't decide myself, so I wanted to see what everyone else would like.

Sorry to jump the gun on you...

I guess my point is that DCS has "matured" to the point where I doubt we will ever see a "collection" of aircraft like FC3 ever again so the best hope is to get the FC3 jets tooled up to current DCS pro quality...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

The best planes in the game are the FC3 planes. A clickable Su27/33/25 would be instabuy, just like some other players would like to have the F15C clickable and lets not forget the Mig29.

But as usual, the answer to russian jets is "Classified". What is so classified about the old Su-25 or the old Mig29?

Am I special?

Has less to do with classification than general unwillingness to cooperate. ED receive access to classified info at times already. Generally, the Russians are less cooperative. That's pretty much it.

We've got the Mi-8 and MiG-21bis out of them, also the Ka-50 (mostly because they were desperate for money, as it WAS high tech prototype at the time). We'll get more, but not at the rate of other countries gear. Just be patient. They might need some pocket change again one of these days :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I guess my point is that DCS has "matured" to the point where I doubt we will ever see a "collection" of aircraft like FC3 ever again

Indeed: ED have said in the past that there won't ever be additional FC3 modules, which will also mean no FC4.

DCS is at a point in time now where ED can finally make their dreams come true without having to resort to "half-measures" such as FC3. I bet that ED have always wanted to make high-quality full-fidelity modules but simply lacked the technology, connections with the industry, personnel, ...

Hence they started with Flanker, Flanker 2.0 etc and evolved to the point where we are now :thumbup:

Look at it this way: if you had the capabilities to be a chef in a Michelin-rated restaurant, would you be happy to make omelettes every day for the rest of your life?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I believe it's very, very unlikely to ED release FC4, as we're getting more full fledged aircrafts.

As much as I enjoy flying FC3 aircrafts, I only do it because of the lack of similar aircrafts with full clickable cockpits.

What ED needs is to announce the next russian aircraft after the release of F/A-18C so we can stop using FC3 in some servers.

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

Yes, I know all of it is classified, and I am in no way expecting ED to make another FC, or even to update the FC3 aircraft to the A-10C standard (though that would be nice), this is just for fun, to give your opinions on whatever aircraft you would like to see, even if it's not listed (I know the F-16 is a big fan favorite), as well as to give me an idea as to what variant of the jets I did list seems to be the most popular. To try to get back on track, I'll list a few that might be interesting to fly, that aren't on the list:

Dassault Rafale C/M: The Mica IR/RF are pretty enticing. BTW, why does the encyclopedia call it the Mica EM, when the loadout editor, as well as the in-game labels, call it the Mica RF?

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4: Why not? Plus, it combines AIM-120s with precision strike, like the Hornet, but with more speed, more fuel, and more pylons.

J-11A: A Chinese Su-27 with R-77s. What's not to like?

I doubt it will ever happen. Honestly, I'd like them attempt to try and make a full fidelity MIG-29A, generally speaking there are many MIG-29's on display all across the world, I wouldn't of thought it would be particularly hard to gather the information required for a older MIG-29 air frame (relative to the F-18C)

Edited by OfficerAMR

Say, what's the oldest, least advanced Su-27 variant that uses the R-77? Maybe the J-11A?

Say, "who cares, put it on the Su-27S as a half-baked threat replicator which is arguably better than nothing at all?"

:D

I've flown it like that and it's great...Especially with the missile mod. Damn hard to fight. :thumbup:

Lord of Salt

I believe it's very, very unlikely to ED release FC4, as we're getting more full fledged aircrafts.

As much as I enjoy flying FC3 aircrafts, I only do it because of the lack of similar aircrafts with full clickable cockpits.

What ED needs is to announce the next russian aircraft after the release of F/A-18C so we can stop using FC3 in some servers.

Agreed...

ED,

I think could Release a MIG-29SMT or MIG-29UPG on the same quality of the F/A-18C

there is a few Ex Moldovan Migs on display In the US, as well as in the Ukraine and India. with documentation available they could have a Russian fighter in game on Par with the harrier, M2K,and Hornet.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

If ever FC4 I voted for all aircrafts in the list :D

There is no hope to get this aircrafts with clickable cockpit but I wish ED would complete the radios in all aircrafts and develop internally radio software that goes with all the radios. Maybe even get an agreement with Ciribob and his eminent radio software.

Say, "who cares, put it on the Su-27S as a half-baked threat replicator which is arguably better than nothing at all?"

:D

I've flown it like that and it's great...Especially with the missile mod. Damn hard to fight. :thumbup:

Yeah, I was just wondering what would be the most likely for ED to actually make. I need an R-77 loaded Flanker...

As a side note, why can't I post screenshots?

I know it's super-duper unlikely, as right now ED and the 3rd party companies are mainly (or maybe completely) focused on aircraft that can legally be made into full-fidelity modules, but if there ever was an FC4, what would you like to see in it?
More modern aircraft (ef2000/f22/f35/su35/su57 etc) with fc3 level fidelity..maybe just with the addition of other systems (ag radar/targeting POD etc)

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It would be so good to have a Fox3 on the Su-27 !

The original Flanker game had such a wide array of weapons that made it really a multi role fighter, which is fun even if unrealistic.

F/A-Su-27 :)

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

I think the best thing that could happen with the FC3 jets would be to have some sort of middle ground between FC3 and full fidelity.

Full fidelity aircraft are amazing and wonderful products that I love but I believe a middle ground could be reached by either Making the systems already in place in FC3 jets clickable with a few switches in the cockpit rather than every single switch being active like in a Full fidelity module.

There could also be a middle ground where things are clickable but not every single system is modeled or the systems are not fully simulated and work arounds are used. For instance I think there are some systems going into the hornet which will not be used by 90% of the playerbase (which is not a knock on the F/A-18C module at all ED thank you for all your wonderful hard work for us Hardcore AV Geeks and those of us who have grown up around aviation!)

In summation I think there could be a middle ground between FC3 and full fidelity and some sort of clickiness in the FC3 aircraft I think could make them more fair against FF aircraft where pilots actually have to work the systems to get their weapons to bare...

I also think this dynamic played into the reasons for making a Map like DCS: Persian Gulf where Iran is involved because they will have F-4's, F-14's and F-5's (among others) on the IRIAF/IIAF side will bring FF modules into opposition instead of just Aggressor roles like they are in NTTR. Of course there will be a few FC3 MiG-29's thrown in for good measure, but i think it is an awesome work-around for this issue of creating full fidelity 4th Gen fighters/attack aircraft from the Eastern side of the world that I think is a lot more interesting than your standard MiGs Vs Teen Series ideas of global conflict.

But its all about not pissing off the russians, the Jet I see as being the only jet in FC3 as a potential candidate for a middle ground of Full Fidelity makeover is the F-15C due to the established working relationship with Boeing with the F/A-18C, and F-4E (Boeing now owns McDonnel Douglas)

edit: I wonder if ED had to get permission from Northrop Grumman as well as boeing for the F/A-18C?

Just my throughts on the topic!

Edited by Spudknocker
added question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Really creative and nice idea, Spudknocker! I like it! You do have a point in that the F-15C might be the only aircraft that would fit in the idea, but I have a few of my own thoughts:

1-Why not the A-10A as well? I know there's no need, because of the A-10C, but isn't it at least possible?

2-Why couldn't the F-15C/A-10A be made into full-fidelity modules, seeing as the F/A-18C is, but it's actually a touch newer and more advanced then the aforementioned aircraft?

3-What about the MiG-29A "Fulcrum-A" or MiG-29G "Fulcrum" (what's the '29G's NATO letter?)? If anything, they're even less advanced than the F/A-18C.

4-Lastly, and unrelated, how do I get A/G aircraft to engage enemy fighters before being engaged themselves (I have the Su-34 in mind, as it's actually A/A capable and can be loaded with 2xECM, 6xR-73, 10xR-77)?

ED didn't even finish the MiG-29 FM and you guys want FC4? :D

Nah I wasnt sayin that I was just trying to advance the conversation raised in the post. I do hope some 4th gen Russian Jets get some love in the future though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

While the full fidelity models are great, I think there is still a case for doing more FC level airplanes with advanced flight models if the right data are available. Many of the full fidelity tasks are unrealistically cumbersome in a clickable cockpit (e.g. tuning radios, which is super easy in a real airplane but a PITA with a mouse) so sometimes the FC planes are just fun to jump into.

I’m also of the opinion that any additional aircraft we can get into the sim, whether it be a fighter, bomber, attack, transport, civilian aircraft, whatever is a good thing, provided it is done to a certain standard. It can be up to the mission designers which ac to put in missions and servers.

On a related note, the lack of new AI only aircraft is a little disappointing. Frankly, coming foreword two decades from the original Su27 software, it’s a shame that more of the world’s aircraft haven’t been included.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT