ED please fix ---- cockpit initial view - too far back - too far forward

seeing this now in the release version (1.5.7)

sometimes when i spawn in to the sim, the initial view in the cockpit is too far back...

and sometimes i spawn in too jammed up into the HUD - too far forward...

also... sometimes, when you spawn in, and your view is messed up like this, you cannot modify your view settings via cntl-shift NUMPAD / and *

when it goes bad, the viewpoint's physical position in the cockpit (fore and aft) is wrong - plus the zoom level is messed up

another thing i've noticed, when i can manipulate the view (position and zoom) and get everything is "set" just the way i like it, i save that view as the default - but those settings are lost next time i spawn in and i have to reset them again

can we get these view issues fixed?

thx : )

(i apologize for the mic issues in the youtubes)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know I always feel weird in all A/C cockpits in DCS.

A community member, Peter, did a mod to fix this. It was really really great, but he stopped to update the mod. It's useless now. Peter claimed that the pilot's head was enormous big! His mod fixed the head to the normal head size...

I don't know why ED insists not to pay attention on that...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

This is for sure an issue. Just did a fresh system build, reinstalled DCS w/ latest update. I've used PeterP's proper neck position view.lua mod for years. With the Warthog HOTAS Throttle zoom lever in detent, I should be in default correct position. With newest update, it's out of whack; way too far up to instrument panel. Not in the position it should be. I'm surprised more people haven't posted about this.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Did the developers actually adjust the neck position/headsize/ viewpoint setting for this latest update?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Did the developers actually adjust the neck position/headsize/ viewpoint setting for this latest update?

Was there any plan to do that? Source?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

This is what I have always done as well, always worked well here.

When you refer to recenter do you mean TrackIR5 recenter or an in game recenter?

it happened me yesterday for the first time ever. in the su25t, couldnt fix it, had to restart. my view was wierd af

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

I usually just lean and hit recenter each time. Nice to be able to make this permanent. Other suggestions have never worked for me

please refer to my initial post - i know that procedure and do it regularly as needed

my point is with this (possible? probable?) bug is that the recenter view function does not reset/recenter the view like you expect

**also** when this glitch occurs, i cannot PAUSE track-ir, and move either head position or zoom amount (one of those - i can't recall which right now) ---- the key command is right-shift right-command numpad / and numpad *

tl:dr --- when this bug occurs (and it happens after you click "fly") reset/recenter view doesn't take effect, nor are RT-SH + RT-CNTR numpad / and * effective

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get the same and I remmeber answering your post before, it's an MP only issue and occurs randomly and you have to rejoin another cockpit a few times to fix. It's like your face is jammed up against the HUD.

please refer to my initial post - i know that procedure and do it regularly as needed

my point is with this (possible? probable?) bug is that the recenter view function does not reset/recenter the view like you expect

**also** when this glitch occurs, i cannot PAUSE track-ir, and move either head position or zoom amount (one of those - i can't recall which right now) ---- the key command is right-shift right-command numpad / and numpad *

tl:dr --- when this bug occurs (and it happens after you click "fly") reset/recenter view doesn't take effect, nor are RT-SH + RT-CNTR numpad / and * effective

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

yes - exactly

i usually have to disconnect from the server - and then rejoin

oh! another detail ----- if the sim starts in PAUSED mode, if you exit and re-connect, you will not be visible to the other players once the sim is unpaused

so.. when my view is screwed up, i have to ask whoever's hosting it to pause and unpause really fast, then i'll disconnect and reconnect and see if the view is fixed

sometimes it works right away, sometimes it takes a few tries, and sometimes................... it takes like HALF A DOZEN TRIES to get a normal view system

: (

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

So, I got a new ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor and now I am running into this problem. I can adjust using right ctrl shift and the / * keys in the A10 for example... but then most of the HUD isn't visible. This doesn't seem to be an issue in the Harrier.

Funny thing is mostly this seems to happen after using a axis zoom function (bound to my throttle), when you initially load and the sim view is finished zooming out on mission start it is ok... until you use the Zoom axis, then it resets your head view to be too far forward.

Attached both screen shots. Left is before touching axis zoom, right is after using it.

Screen_180122_062553.thumb.jpg.c74a2dd5f20a800d437d433c3a29b69b.jpg

Screen_180122_062603.thumb.jpg.cd6586dae9975856d68915281728f6d3.jpg

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

So, I got a new ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor and now I am running into this problem. I can adjust using right ctrl shift and the / * keys in the A10 for example... but then most of the HUD isn't visible.

This thread sounds like the old problem on servers, where the mission your playing has been created with the "PREPARE MISSION" option of the Mission Editor, which saves radio frequencies, default cockpit views and a few other things to that of the creators settings in the mission set.

The side effect of this is if the creator had a 1920x1080 single screen, and you the client have a higher resolution 3440x1440 or triple screen setup you will have a incorrect FOV (Usually face smashed up to the HUD) because the missions view setting is overriding all of your default settings for views, snapviews, etc on your computer, no amount of playing around with your computer settings will fix it, the mission on the server has to have the VIEW folder deleted from the CONFIG folder so that when mission is played it uses only the clients connected settings.

This is very prevalent with Ka-50, A-10c missions more than any other module, because people like to pre-program the radio frequencies, SADL, ABRIS and other options.

A couple of the default Su-25T single player mission have this programmed also because they are using prerecorded track files for intro to missions.

Contact server admin and get them to modify mission and remove the VIEW folder from the base CONFIG folder.

Also don't confuse zoom / and * keys with moving camera position, your moving the camera position with Rctrl+/ and * which stuffs the HUD up in the A-10c but not so much with other modules, I assume if the module has a culmulated sight it will, but with Fc3 modules it doesn't.

Over the years with some patches for dcs, it has reset a lot of my custom set default cockpit positions and you just have to set them back up your self again using a combination of the camera positioning and zoom controls, followed by saving them to the Default view, Default Zoom, Default Centre, Default Snapview key positions.

I have a mission that has just about all DCS modules in it just for this purpose, I jump into each aircraft with out TrackIR active and go though all of the view options and re-save any that are out of whack.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

This thread sounds like the old problem on servers, where the mission your playing has been created with the "PREPARE MISSION" option of the Mission Editor, which saves radio frequencies, default cockpit views and a few other things to that of the creators settings in the mission set.

The side effect of this is if the creator had a 1920x1080 single screen, and you the client have a higher resolution 3440x1440 or triple screen setup you will have a incorrect FOV (Usually face smashed up to the HUD) because the missions view setting is overriding all of your default settings for views, snapviews, etc on your computer, no amount of playing around with your computer settings will fix it, the mission on the server has to have the VIEW folder deleted from the CONFIG folder so that when mission is played it uses only the clients connected settings.

This is very prevalent with Ka-50, A-10c missions more than any other module, because people like to pre-program the radio frequencies, SADL, ABRIS and other options.

A couple of the default Su-25T single player mission have this programmed also because they are using prerecorded track files for intro to missions.

Contact server admin and get them to modify mission and remove the VIEW folder from the base CONFIG folder.

Also don't confuse zoom / and * keys with moving camera position, your moving the camera position with Rctrl+/ and * which stuffs the HUD up in the A-10c but not so much with other modules, I assume if the module has a culmulated sight it will, but with Fc3 modules it doesn't.

Over the years with some patches for dcs, it has reset a lot of my custom set default cockpit positions and you just have to set them back up your self again using a combination of the camera positioning and zoom controls, followed by saving them to the Default view, Default Zoom, Default Centre, Default Snapview key positions.

I have a mission that has just about all DCS modules in it just for this purpose, I jump into each aircraft with out TrackIR active and go though all of the view options and re-save any that are out of whack.

Regards, Ian.

This fixed it for me: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200289

:)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo