A-10 revist

Jester986

So I never put that much effort into learning the A-10 when I first bought it but last night I revisited it for the first time since 2.5 came out and I am simply blown away by the performance of it compared to other modules... Everything was perfectly smooth in VR with ZERO stutters. And after spending a lot of time to learn Harrier all the systems made a lot more sense too. Looks like she'll be spending some time out of the hangar!

hmm.. my first post didn't show up, so I hope this isn't a duplicate.

I used to love the fast movers. I played every fighter sim I could get my hands on (all Falcon variants, all the Janes' sims, EF2000, Back to Baghdad, etc.) I even had a copy of Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering by Robert Shaw under my pillow. Then one day I tried the Warthog and now I spend 95% of my "cockpit" time in it.

Lt. Jake Grafton: "Fighter pukes make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY!"

well, the Tomcat might lure me away a little, but unless DCS comes up with bad weather pitching deck landings then I will probably still spend most of the time in the hawg.

edit: living near Davis Monthan as a kid might have had some influence on me. I would love to join the 163rd hawg community but my current network speed is too slow/unreliable

Edited by prccowboy

Hawg community seems to be slated for a dire need of pilots, given how many people are eyeing up the Tomcat, Hornet, and Harrier...

Certainly looking forward to all of them, and I'm sure we'll lose a few Hawg pilots in the long run, but honestly, none of these fine aircraft has quite the BRRRRT. And the loiter time. And the ugliness. :lol:

I completely agree the A-10C module must be aging well.

I'm recently getting back into combat sims after a decade at least and new to DCS. I went straight for the F-15C (Jane's fan) and then the Huey, but the A-10C is very interesting and complex and ugly and I keep drawing to it. Including today.

Thanks

Pizmo

A-10C is, in my opinion, still the best ánd most attractive plane in terms of handling all the systems.

Besides that, it somehow makes sense, it's a logical plane... I practiced and practiced the startup of the KA and other vehicles but somehow I can't seem to remember it, while I startup the Hog "with my eyes closed". Ofcourse because I spend 99% of my airtime in the Hog. Love it. And really, really hope, PRAY, that 2.5 lighting will be corrected ASAP because night missions are almost impossible right now... :-(

A-10C is, in my opinion, still the best ánd most attractive plane in terms of handling all the systems.

there is a lot to master - I personally think I need more time practicing release parameters (pattern/ripple settings) and AAR but the hawg remains fun/challenging for a long time

edit: I probably need to study spoofing missiles too - in the fast movers I did the ol' beam technique - put the incoming missile on my 3 or 9 then turn into it - this obviously doesn't work so well with the Hawg. Yo-yo patterns seem to work (but it feels unrealistic to me)

Edited by prccowboy