MiG-19 Release Postponed

NineLine

Agreed, I was really happy we got the F-18 early as it allowed us to practice our carrier traps, which alone is fun. But also learn systems as they come online, that way it is less overwhelming.

People seem to buy products that are early access, fully aware of it being early access... but then complain that it isn't finished. It boggles the mind.

As far as the Mig-19, good on ED and Razbam to delay it until it is fully ready since it is going to be a finished module.

Couldnt agree more, seems you are damned if you do and damned if you dont here!

Couldnt agree more, seems you are damned if you do and damned if you dont here!

I have nothing against none feature complete EA modules.

What I find is not Ok is when certain developers put allready paid for EA releases on hold, cause they rather like to work on their next EA module, like what we have seen with Razbam.

The M200C has never been really finished, and the AV-8B has sen very little progress for quite some time, while at the same time alot has been posted about the Mig-19.

This way I feel cheated, cause I have paid for the M2000C and AV-8B and find it legible to feel so, when progress on those modules almost seems to have got stuck.

Thats why I won´t buy the Mig-19 before both the M2000C and AV-8B starts to show alot more progress and focus from Razbam, regardless how good reviews after it´s release it will get.

Some will say that this is the very nature of EA, but I don´t agree.

I got the F/A-18, and while it isn´t feature complete, and no exact date has been set for the release version, I still see constant progress and I feel the developers delivers what can be expected.

Razbam has obviously not the resources to run serveral projects in parallel.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 2 x 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit.

well, the MiG-19 is fully independent from the M2k or the Harrier. It's a different team.

Rearding the Harrier: it's getting small but constant updates if you follow the Razbam Facebook page.

I bought (almost) all modules, and honestly, Belsimtec is much worse in terms of progress. There's no love for the Huey, the MiG-15 or the F-5. Even the instant action missions used to feel like a 2min mission editing (ok, they improved here a lot).

Even worse is ML3 with the MiG-21, that's constantly broken in one way or another.

I'll get the MiG-19 as soon as it's out and the MiG-23 that follows the -19.

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

well, the MiG-19 is fully independent from the M2k or the Harrier. It's a different team.

That's what they said and was true initially with research and I guess artwork (and maybe fm?), but I think it's pretty obvious that zeus was coding a big chunk of the systems during the last couple of months. That's when the Harrier updates seized.

On the other hand I see Razbam trying to redeem themselves lately. Comms are better since they hired decoy, cogs are slowly starting to move on the Mirage front and they are planning to tackle Harrier afterwards. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here. Also they are creating assets for free that benefit the entire DCS community (tankers, Tarawa).

If the MiG wasn't feature complete on release, I would pass. But it's looking good so far, they are taking the time it needs so they'll get a purchase from me.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

i dont think announcements should be left open to replies

anyone with a crappy 2 bit post gets to bump and bury actual announcements of value

leave the discussions for the discussion sections

You mean like the above one. Agree with you 100% on this one. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

This is a good decision. I bet a lot of new players find DCS a bit ”messy” when it comes to modules at different stages of development. For us who has been around for a while, it is easily forgotten that newcomers look at DCS with different eyes. Every single product affect the perception of DCS as a whole, so I think it is a good thing that ED has some form of QA.

Next step would be to have some sort of easily accessible dev status page for each module. Razbam has done an amazing job with that page on the MiG-19P forum section. Single best thing to happen on the forums last year. Makes it easy, clear and fun to follow the development of each component.

I hope that the refresh rate of the MiG-19P's radar will be more realistic. Because in the video on youtube, it tracks in real time, compared to the lantence of refreshing the radar of the MiG-21Bis which is more modern!

I noticed this too, but isn't the 19 supposed to have two independent radars, one sweeping for search and hence updating every few seconds and one that follows a target and tracks it constantly when acquired?

How about fixing things on the maps that you've sold us already before trying to sell another module which won't be perfect no matter how hard you try. Just look at the section on the forum dealing with bugs and problems and see how many times the same bugs and problems have been reported with nothing being done to fix them.

Edited by 352ndDeacon
Additional thoughts

How about fixing things on the maps that you've sold us already before trying to sell another module which won't be perfect no matter how hard you try. Just look at the section on the forum dealing with bugs and problems and see how many times the same bugs and problems have been reported with nothing being done to fix them.

How about buying some food in the groceriy store for the next few days before trying to get something to wear outside next winter? rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg