Steam Transfers now available via DCS Account Profile

NineLine

11 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

Let’s say you bind a steam module to dcs standalone, then decide to go back to Steam so you unbind it, but then decide later to bind it to dcs standalone again, will it let you?  

Actually, you don't bind individual modules, instead you are telling ED that your ED User account belongs to the same person as a Steam User account (well, unless someone else knows your Steam password). Once your ED account is binded to your Steam account, you can activate your Steam DCS modules as if you had purchased them at ED.

Even after your Steam-acquired modules are on your stand-alone DCS, you can still keep using them on Steam .. of course you will then be using twice the disk space: once for the Steam DCS and once for the stand-alone DCS. So, there is no need to ever unbind your Steam account from your ED account ... but even if you unbind it, you can later on bind it again if you wish.

12 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

7) When you click the "Unbind" button, all your Steam transferred licenses will be revoked and the binding removed.”

the whole “license is revoked” thing concerns me.

Your steam licenses are never touched in any way ... the highlighted phrase refers that the licenses on your ED account, that were originally purchased on Steam, will no longer be available to use on your DCS stand-alone ... but of course you will be able to fly them on your Steam DCS.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Your steam licenses are never touched in any way ... the highlighted phrase refers that the licenses on your ED account, that were originally purchased on Steam, will no longer be available to use on your DCS stand-alone ... but of course you will be able to fly them on your Steam DCS.

OK, but if you decided to go back to standalone from Steam after that, you still can?  It's not like one you decide to go back to Steam, you can't ever go Standalone again?

Thanks.

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

22 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

OK, but if you decided to go back to standalone from Steam after that, you still can?  

Yes, you can.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Diima said:

Hallo, is there any way to copy the modules files from steam to standalone? i dont wanna download over 100gb from the beginning.

Like Copy Paste from Steam Folder to Standalone Folder?

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_I_switch_my_install_from_Steam_to_Standalone_version.3F

I have not tried this yet.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

57 minutes ago, Diima said:

nope dont work "The following DLCs are not authorized and will be 
disabled:
F-16C bl.50
MarianaIslands
Syria"

you still need to connect your Steam profile to your ED account, in order for the Sim to recognize your licenses.

5 minutes ago, Diima said:

i did it already. but it dont work. if i start the game he shows me my modules to install but if copy the modules to the standalone folder then i get the error.

Well, I must admit that I havent actually tried that hoggitworld tip myself, hopefully another user may share his experience with this and help.

Nevada ist working now but the rest dont. Strange.

i found a solution.

you need to install them over the DCS updater. 

1. Open CMD as Admin in the DCS-World folder with "Shift-Right click" or the Powershell for Win 10 user.

2. Type in .\DCS_updater.exe install F-16C (Modul should be in the "Mods" foulder. He scans the files and activate them.

3. Do step 2. with every module. The correct Name of the Module can be found in "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C "Entry" file" under "update-id"

Edited by Diima

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

When I decided to switch back to steam from the standalone version, I unbinded my steam from my ED account due to poor download speeds. Now I want to go back to the standalone version, but it says there is a one-month waiting time?I konw need one month to link again,I wont click that button!

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

• ED Team
24 minutes ago, zhouyut001 said:

When I decided to switch back to steam from the standalone version, I unbinded my steam from my ED account due to poor download speeds. Now I want to go back to the standalone version, but it says there is a one-month waiting time?I konw need one month to link again,I wont click that button!

there is a month cool down if the steam account has already been associated with a DCS account. But if you are binding the steam account to the same DCS account there is no time limit.

edit: I have updated the first post here to also mention it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

When you bind your steam account to the DCS standalone does the standalone program access the same settings folders that steam does? EG the Users/YourUsername/Saved Games/DCS folders or do I have to setup everything again?

🖥️  i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090 Ti 24GB GDDR6X, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 PCIe SSD,  🥽 HP Reverb G2 v2 
 🕹️ VPC WarBRD, VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals 🗺️ FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, F-14 Tomcat  Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf

On 10/30/2022 at 6:37 AM, QuozL said:

When you bind your steam account to the DCS standalone does the standalone program access the same settings folders that steam does? EG the Users/YourUsername/Saved Games/DCS folders or do I have to setup everything again?

Afaik Steam DCS profile is in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\ so you'd have to copy what you need from there, like config\input folder and mission editor\logbook.lua, etc.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 7 months later...

Hello, I downloaded this game from Steam because it had the ability to stop and continue the download at another time. I wanted to install the mi-24p module and play the trial version, but I realized that I need to install the standalone version! Is there a way that I don't have to delete and reinstall the game from the beginning? Now that I have tested from the launcher, this message is sent to me, I don't have enough space, should I delete the game I downloaded from Steam first? There is no other way that I don't have to delete it?

KQzR4zS.jpg

Edited by tony3d

8 hours ago, tony3d said:

There is no other way that I don't have to delete it?

It's simple - to install the game you need more free disk space. You have to delete something. Since doubling the DCS doesn't make sense it's only logical to delete the one from Steam.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

12 hours ago, draconus said:

It's simple - to install the game you need more free disk space. You have to delete something. Since doubling the DCS doesn't make sense it's only logical to delete the one from Steam.

Yes, but the download speed from the stand-alone DCS world launcher is very slow ( 200 Kb/sec ) But the download speed from Steam is 12 MB for me، and it doesn't even have the ability to stop! Internet and electricity are very unstable in my area, 
I thought the game launcher checks and confirms the downloaded data. The  DCS should have created a way to replace it

Edited by tony3d

Yes, it does. Click cancel and the next download start will keep on downloading the rest.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 5:41 PM, tony3d said:

Hello, I downloaded this game from Steam because it had the ability to stop and continue the download at another time. I wanted to install the mi-24p module and play the trial version, but I realized that I need to install the standalone version! Is there a way that I don't have to delete and reinstall the game from the beginning? Now that I have tested from the launcher, this message is sent to me, I don't have enough space, should I delete the game I downloaded from Steam first? There is no other way that I don't have to delete it?

KQzR4zS.jpg

When I made more space on my hard drive, the standalone version copied the Steam files instead of downloading them, which is what I expected. Thank you very much DCS

HKyYFVB.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tony3d said:

the standalone version copied the Steam files instead of downloading them

thanks for confirmimg this .. I wasnt aware that the stand-alone installer was so smart 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Please note that the linked products will now be available in your Standalone install but will no longer work in your Steam Version.

If you wish to return to the Steam version you can unbind your steam account from your DCS account.

added change to first post. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2