Steam Transfers now available via DCS Account Profile

NineLine

• ED Team
@nineline or anyone else with real info, is the only steam key that won't transfer now the NS 430 Navigation System? Mine can't transfer from steam to stand alone.

Makes sense, how its sold on Steam is slightly different than how its sold on the E-Shop, so I dont think that one will transfer ever, or right now anyways.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Bit of a late reaction, but nonetheless, massive thanks for giving us this option!!!

Unaware of the incompatability, I purchased the Hornet - Persian Gulf bundle while all my previously purchased modules (back when they were still sold on disks) were on standalone. Now I can finally enjoy the A-10C above the Persian Gulf :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

We still can't move DCS to Steam right?

That will probably never be possible.

When selling in the ED store, 100% of the money go to ED.

When selling in the Steam store, 30% go to Steam and 70% to ED.

So when ED is so nice to allow transfer from steam to the standalone, then they resign at their 30% cut. Thats why it is such a big deal that this is now possible and everybody who uses it should say thank you to ED.

On the other hand, it will not be possible to transfer to steam, because steam won't let you use their infrastructure (and to be honest, the steam infrastructure is absolutely insane, thats why I stay at steam) without getting their cut. (Thats why all modules are slighty more expensive at steam)

But, maybe, if there are more then enough people who are willing to stransfer their modules to steam, ED could probably arange something with steam that you have to pay a fee in the amount of their cut and you could use it over there (just thinking loud).

But I don't think that this will probbly happen,b ecause ED would like to have you on their standalone version and not vise versa.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

That will probably never be possible.

When selling in the ED store, 100% of the money go to ED.

When selling in the Steam store, 30% go to Steam and 70% to ED.

So when ED is so nice to allow transfer from steam to the standalone, then they resign at their 30% cut. Thats why it is such a big deal that this is now possible and everybody who uses it should say thank you to ED.

On the other hand, it will not be possible to transfer to steam, because steam won't let you use their infrastructure (and to be honest, the steam infrastructure is absolutely insane, thats why I stay at steam) without getting their cut. (Thats why all modules are slighty more expensive at steam).

+1 good explanation.

But, maybe, if there are more then enough people who are willing to stransfer their modules to steam, ED could probably arange something with steam that you have to pay a fee in the amount of their cut and you could use it over there (just thinking loud).

But I don't think that this will probbly happen,b ecause ED would like to have you on their standalone version and not vise versa.

Too much effort for steam.

I don't think that's gonna happen.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

(Thats why all modules are slighty more expensive at steam)

Probably depends on a region since Steam features regional pricing. For example, for me most modules are cheaper on Steam (out of 4 i randomly checked only 1 was more expensive and by around 1%, while those cheaper ones were few % higher)

Hi All,

Are there any forums regarding why the swap from steam to standalone may be a good idea? I play DCS through steam because I use Oculus VR. I have a few modules (F18 Hornet, Spitfire, Normandy and Persian Gulf modules) in steam and a huey in standalone.

Anyone know if I can use VR through the standalone version? cheers in advance Fish

Probably depends on a region since Steam features regional pricing. For example, for me most modules are cheaper on Steam (out of 4 i randomly checked only 1 was more expensive and by around 1%, while those cheaper ones were few % higher)

This are the steam prices for the F/A-18:

As far as I can see, there is little to none regional pricing.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.5e30cefc3e0af66630bfa7a50410a5cf.JPG

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Hi All,

Are there any forums regarding why the swap from steam to standalone may be a good idea? I play DCS through steam because I use Oculus VR. I have a few modules (F18 Hornet, Spitfire, Normandy and Persian Gulf modules) in steam and a huey in standalone.

Anyone know if I can use VR through the standalone version? cheers in advance Fish

we have new thread about it weekly, search "steam vs standalone" etc :megalol: (but be prepared for heavy bias towards standalone since its standalone forum mostly)

Hi All,

Yes, standalone can run Oculus natively without needing either Steam VR or Oculus Home (IIRC) so you eliminate having another program open in the background hogging precious system resources

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if more modules will be available to transfer from steam to stand-alone? My steam installation is down and I cannot reinstall it successfully (after two attempted 3 day-long downloads). I have a number of modules like the L39, Huey, Gazelle, MiG-15, Bf109K, 190d9, and especially the F-5E that I would really like to transfer over.

There are some infrastructure changes with steam versions, the executable has to be tied with the steam API, and steam has to generally be running, and other behavioral differences, there is integration of steam features into the executable, however it can be disabled, but all management has to be done through steam's GUI too, not saying it's lacking in features, but diversity and good old PC traditions help to offset the digitalized world of entertainment.

The new keyless system seems natively baked in with the game and doesn't have such an impact besides ofcourse enforcing the licenses, it's not like the 3rd-party of that system runs or provides services for DCS.

I very much hope the best for the future of standalone, sure I have other games on steam which I prefer, but I wouldn't want to have everything on steam, let alone a serious game/simulator like this.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I registered my starforce keys of fc3, f5 and combined arms bought through steam on the standalone version, so I think you can use the old method for steam modules with starforce, like I did, and the new method with the keyless steam modules. At the end, every module bought on steam Can Be transfered to standalone.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently transferred all my modules from Steam to Standalone without issues. I have a pre-purchase of the Tomcat on Steam though:

1. Is it supposed not to be able to be transferred pre-release? I tried "syncing" without success,

2. If not, is it possible I have an issue when "syncing" Steam to Standalone?

3. If yes: is it ok to assume that when Steam makes the Tomcat available I'll be able to sync without issues?

tomcat is not available both in steam and standalone.

I beleive we will be able to transfer it to standalone after 13th March

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
I recently transferred all my modules from Steam to Standalone without issues. I have a pre-purchase of the Tomcat on Steam though:

1. Is it supposed not to be able to be transferred pre-release? I tried "syncing" without success,

2. If not, is it possible I have an issue when "syncing" Steam to Standalone?

3. If yes: is it ok to assume that when Steam makes the Tomcat available I'll be able to sync without issues?

Tomcat is transferable as from: NOW! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Muchas gracias.

Funciona de maravillas compre desde Steam y pude sincronizar a la perfección.

Este chiche me compre , no es el civil que me gustaría tener pero es lo que hay.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/christen_eagle/

Comprado en ED U$S 30

Steam desde argentina, $522 - U$S 13.5

mas del 50%

Gracias.

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

• 1 month later...

Awesome job guys!!!

buying from steam helps save me the currency exchange charges which my bank levies on me (ie 2-3USD per 15USD of purchases roughly) but steam has local tieupwith banks here in india & do not incur addition charges when purchasing on steam store.... tried binding L39 on dcs acct it worked.... purchased another 4 modules Spitfire, K109, Mig 21 & Mig 15 & all have successfully binded to my dcs account.... damn happy today!!!! :megalol:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600, MSI B450 Pro VDH, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz, Kingston A400 240GB SSD (Boot Drive), Crucial 1TB M.2 SSD (DCS World), Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, 34" Acer Display + 24" Samsung Display, Virpil Alpha R+Warbrd Base, Virpil Rotor TCS+Alpha L, Virpil CP2+SharKa Panels, Virpil Mongoose CM3 HOTAS, Virpil Ace Interceptor Rudders, Logitech G27 Wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if could bind A10c from steam to stand-alone?? Thanks

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone know if could bind A10c from steam to stand-alone?? Thanks

Mira acá Cuervo https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1510447

y sobre todo esto:

Сan I use my Steam DLC on DCS World Standalone, releases on Steam before 12th May 2017?

Yes, DCS (Star-Force) keys for modules releases on Steam before 12th May 2017 can be used on DCS standalone.

1. You need to retrieve your serial number (CD key):

it can be found within your Steam Library and right-clicking on DCS World -> "View CD Key". Where to get Steam CD key?

Another way to view your cd-key is by simply clicking the "CD-Key" link on the right side menu displayed after clicking DCS World within your library.

2. If you received a serial number for the module you have to bind it to account here: License serial number check and after that you will be able to install your product via in-game Module Manager.

3. If you unable to use License serial number check page, you need to activate your module in any DCS World version (Steam or from our DCS site) and then Log on under your account to DCS game and all the Star-Force keys from the registry will be automatically bound to account.

Saludos compatriota :thumbup:

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listo gracias. Tenia la duda al ser de los módulos más viejos, es mucha diferencia para nosotros comprar desde Steam. Sale A10c en las próximas ofertas!

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listo gracias. Tenia la duda al ser de los módulos más viejos, es mucha diferencia para nosotros comprar desde Steam. Sale A10c en las próximas ofertas!

Cuando es la proxima oferta? :music_whistling:

Edited by Bronco

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]