Steam Release Date Update

NineLine

Whole different thing. I don't expect the update for the Stable not before Wednesday next week.

Steam has the Open Beta as well. It can be selected in the games properties.

Thank you for the quick answer wasn't sure how it all worked. Don't mind the wait at all.

Not sure I can post a direct link of a Steam page...

Search for the Total War Warhammer II DLC The Queen & The Crone.

It will be released the 5/31 , you can purchase it now even in discount...

I stand corrected.

It's clearly another issue then. Perhaps something about the steam cut on sales, i don't know

Quick question, With DCS F/A-18C release on Steam with the Persian Gulf Map does this mean it will be coming to DCS 2.5 Stable or is this a whole different thing?

Not sure if steam has Open Beta version of DCS World.

In Steam you have the option to opt into the DCS beta program, you can do this for many games that are in a pre release stage or have regular updates DCS being one of them, its under the games properties page on the last tab (I think)

Nice, a dream comes true. My first flight simulator was the F/A-18 Hornet Classic (Mac) from 1993.

It's funny to see the difference between then and now.

I'm pleased to fly the F/A-18 with the skin of the Swiss Air Force

Edited by Muts

This is not a professional attitude, discount promised and now cancelled IF YOU TOLD ME THIS FACT BEFORE I SWITCHED TO STAND ALONE WHEN THERE WAS THE DISCOUNTED PRICE, You make me loose the discount with your promise for the steam discount, well done !! Money money money all you need is money , for me it will be a NO GO and I will make many many reviews about this for sure

• ED Team
This is not a professional attitude, discount promised and now cancelled IF YOU TOLD ME THIS FACT BEFORE I SWITCHED TO STAND ALONE WHEN THERE WAS THE DISCOUNTED PRICE, You make me loose the discount with your promise for the steam discount, well done !! Money money money all you need is money , for me it will be a NO GO and I will make many many reviews about this for sure

It was communicated here about the change

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and Persian Gulf Map for DCS World - Available 1 June 2018 on Steam!

From the updated FAQ

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?

A: Certainly, and we plan to release it and the Persian Gulf map for Steam on Friday, the 1st of June 2018.

Please note that they were able to bring you the release earlier, but the discount will only be available to standalone users. If you need the discount, then consider switching to the standalone, or wait for a Steam sale.

We had originally planned to bring it to Steam customers after the Hornet was complete and out of Open Beta, which will take months. As a form of compensation, we had planned to provide the same discount as the e-Shop pre-purchase for the first week of Steam sales. After hearing from our Steam customers though, we understand it’s important to offer it without delay. As such, we will release the Hornet to our Steam users the same week as our e-Shop users. However, because of this, we can no longer offer the discount given the condition of the discount no longer exists.

Note: If you have bonus points on the ED store version they can currently be used against the full price hornet, that may help some.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There seems to be something weird with the Steam pricing (ignoring the whole discount/ no discount issue).

As it stands, it's priced at a very weird $103.71 CDN (versus $79.99 on the DCS store). It's certainly worth $103.71, but I suspect that price isn't actually intentional, right? :huh:

Capture.thumb.PNG.970f3a6b0111ed85d30621ba6784bfea.PNG

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

There seems to be something weird with the Steam pricing (ignoring the whole discount/ no discount issue).

As it stands, it's priced at a very weird $103.71 CDN (versus $79.99 on the DCS store). It's certainly worth $103.71, but I suspect that price isn't actually intentional, right? :huh:

79.99 US $ vs 103.71 canadian $ ???

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

79.99 US $ vs 103.71 canadian $ ???

Ah! You’re 100% right.

I’m very, very hungover and very, very slow today. :doh:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Has nothing to do w/ ED, it's Regional Pricing Done by Steam.

$1 US = 1.30 CAD

attachment.php?attachmentid=186130&stc=1&d=1527888267

Pricing.jpg.857229335f3dcf8ff07bcf67cb54c479.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Guys; without meaning offense, you have to admit that the Steam DCS Pilots DO have a case; I myself invested over US$200 in modules and add-ons as my International Credit Card was not good enough at Eagle Dynamics itself two years ago but had zero problems with my Steam account. I quote myself that “I am pretty much married to Steam DCS World and a divorce will be very expensive”, so it’s not really fair to say: “you want your discount, should have gone stand-alone”, because, simply speaking, it was promised to us, and it’s not about early release or not or even the US$20. I would have LOVED to pre-purchase the F-18 or any other module for that fact because I sincerely want to support the efforts of ED to make things bigger, better and more amazing, but I was never given a chance because I am stuck in Steam.

Wags, I’m a big fan of your videos and as an old-dog BMS Pilot, it was pretty much YOU who convinced me that paying for a good, developed module is the right thing to do because my hobby supports the jobs and therefore the families of developers who dedicate their life- time to bring us great memories and a lot of fun experiences. And DCS has grown, a lot, which is great for everyone. It has grown into a very reputable business model which I hope others are to follow.

But are you sure THIS was a fair decision to us Steam Pilots? Would it not have been better to just give us the week of discount, perhaps miss out on a few $$$’s but understand that reputation and confidence is an important part of successful marketing strategies which in retro is $$$ in the long run?

Yes, I for my part am very disappointed, and the damage to Eagle Dynamics and it’s associates is done, because for many this showed that “miscommunication” is not a reason to keep your word and promise..

I for myself think the F-18 Module is far from being bug-free; from what I read and see, there is still a LOT of work to be done, so no, I do not believe the module is ripe and is worth US$80, yet. I am sure it will be after it’s first update! Then I’ll think about purchasing it, full-price.

To finish the subject on some commentaries of “leave Steam”: understand the “just leave” is not possible because our purchases on Steam only work ON Steam and vice versa.

So, to Eagle Dynamics: I highly recommend to re-think your decisión making paradime about not following up on the miscomunicated promise to offer a release discount on Steam, because going back the way you did will make a few of us wonder what other promises you will NOT fulfill.

Most sincere regards

Picnic

PS: keep up the good work!