fitness - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #11
kontiuka
ED Translator

Exercise is important but a poor diet is the killer. Think of how far you'd have to jog just to burn off a Big Mac or a couple of slices of pizza. Figure out if there is something you eat or drink every day that you don't really need but has just become a gross habit. I've recently cut out my afternoon coffee with double cream. Didn't need it. It didn't perk me up in the afternoon. Just a habit. Plus, I save a bit of money.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #12
kontiuka
ED Translator

Oh, if you're really desperate for exercise, move to Ottawa during the winter. I spent an hour and a half just the last 2 days shovelling snow. lol.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:22 AM   #13
VZ_342

Stop drinking sodas, I usually lose 5-10 lbs within a week or so. Cut out nearly all sweets*, and never go back for seconds...not even for bacon.

Briskly walk 30 minutes every day.

*Think one normal size candy bar or two normal size donuts per 2 weeks. None is best, but personally I can’t resist a raspberry jellly filled donut.
VZ_342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #14
etherbattx

Default fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_342 View Post
Stop drinking sodas, I usually lose 5-10 lbs within a week or so.

that’s about the same as me.
although sometimes only 4 lbs
etherbattx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #15
Varis

Gym is boring, try and get interested in the outdoors. There's ladies that like hiking, and so on, too.

Don't need running or interval training... the right intensity is important so walking can be a good start.

Also eat properly.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS --- Heli tournament 4
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:04 PM   #16
Der Hirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
Gym is boring
Guess what life isn't about fun mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
Also eat properly.
What kind of advice is that for someone who has no clue about diet?

Quite simple: Consume less energy through your diet than you burn and at best start to do sports. This helps a lot although diet is the most important.

It's carbohydrates which have the most impact on you gaining or losing weight. It's not fat which makes you fat although it sounds logical, it's carbohydrates mostly. These are noodles, rice, potato products (chips yes), products made of pastry (bread, pizza, burgers) etc. ... and sugar (empty carbohydrates). Besides losing weight pizza isn't as unhealthy as people think as long as it's made out of fresh and healthy ingredients, but Burger King and McDonalds stuff is bad for your system be sure. The good carbohydrates you want to eat when bettering your diet and wanting to lose weight are vegetables and fruits (they don't have much but are otherwise very healthy). Cut out the carbohydrates as much as you can, especially the sugar (drink water, don't touch soda in general) and shift your diet more to protein and fat (healthy meat and fish if you eat meat and fish and start to eat nuts (those without tons of sugar). Nuts are very good, also for a snack.

Last edited by Der Hirte; 02-21-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Der Hirte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #17
Axelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Hirte View Post
It's carbohydrates which have the most impact on you gaining or losing weight. It's not fat which makes you fat although it sounds logical, it's carbohydrates mostly. These are mainly noodles, rice, potato products (chips yes), bread, etc. ... and sugar (empty carbohydrates). The only good carbohydrates you want to eat when bettering your diet and wanting to lose weight are vegetables and fruits (they don't have much but are otherwise very healthy). Cut out the carbohydrates as much as you can, especially the sugar (drink water, don't touch soda in general) and shift your diet more to protein and fat (healthy meat and fish if you eat meat and fish and start to eat nuts (those without tons of sugar). Nuts are very good, also for a snack.
Very true

Also, it's best to start changing your diet gradually. Don't switch it overnight, otherwise it will be hard both psychology and physiologically and it won't give the best results, no matter how motivated you are. It's better to do it over the course of a week or two.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #18
Der Hirte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelerator View Post
Very true

Also, it's best to start changing your diet gradually. Don't switch it overnight, otherwise it will be hard both psychology and physiologically and it won't give the best results, no matter how motivated you are. It's better to do it over the course of a week or two.
Yes it's eating habits. You don't change your diet effectively in two days, it takes some time. Aim for some weeks and at best months to really change your habits. Don't put too much pressure on yourself thinking you can learn and change this in some days but don't be weak willed and lazy aswell.
Der Hirte is offline   Reply With Quote