Jettisoning on the Ground

Shahriar0

Hi,

I accidentally hit the button that uses emergency jettison for the payload and the pylons (bound to my HOTAS) on the ground. It did its job! The question is, is this a bug or feature? Might one think that this should be accomplished via Re-arming window.

Thanks,

Shahriar

One would think since an emergency could happen with weight on wheels then its accurate. Maybe remap the button to your keyboard ya? ;)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Darcwaynard is correct, the jettison system is tied to a hot battery bus and has no interface with the WoW (weight on wheels) system. You don't even need to have the battery switch ON to use either the selective jettison or the emer system. That is why the emer jettison has a plastic cover and the select jettison switch is the type that requires you to pull to move it from center.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

I guess IRL there would be safety pins in place on the pylons that prohibit jettisoning before takeoff.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Good point spiddx. Nothing to stop you from sliding a full drop tank down the runway during takeoff roll if you aren't careful what you touch though.

Edited by tom_19d
added word "touch"

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”