P-51 shadow glitch

Lixma 06

Yep bits of the aircraft shadow disappear from time to time especially in VR when following your shadows along the ground. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I've discovered an absolute show-stopper of a bug. ED must drop everything and fix this. DCS is literally un-playable because of this.

Both Mustangs lose their tail shadow when using 'Flat' shadows. 'Default' is OK.

Fo9j34E.jpg

Neah.. that's a feature to make it less observable from heights :))

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 1 month later...

I don't think the rudder was doing anything.

I've noticed that even when 'flat' shadows are enabled aircraft will nevertheless use a projected ('default' style) shadow when passing over buildings, trees etc. It looks really good so I wonder why it can't be the same for the ground too?

That way we can still use 'Flat' global setting and also have a great-looking aircraft shadow - minus the performance/aesthetic hit that 'default' shadow settings currently come with.

Edited by Lixma 06