A-4E Targeting help needed

Aries101

Hello all.

I started to fly a bit A-4E and I am not sure on how to aim with Shrike missles and with rockets. It looked to me that sometimes it locks on onto radar and sometimes it is not.

So any help with targeting is apreciated..

Also if there is more precise guide on those topics for A-4E I would aprecaite link.

I usually engage ground radar with AGM-45A from a distance of 12 - 14 nm. You should know the position of the radar, because of the narrow off-bore viewing angle of the 'Shrike'. Using Nero.ger's RWR mod is quite usefull, else you newer know, if a radar is tracking you or has already fired a missile at you. You can find the mod here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225667&highlight=nero.ger+rwr

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

yep indeed, need that RWR for the Shrike's. Sure helps a whole lot.

I was hoping your question was also related to dropping bombs. I can't hit diddly squat as of yet... I can usually plant the bombs in the general direction of the target. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

... I can't hit diddly squat as of yet... I can usually plant the bombs in the general direction of the target. :-)

Same problem here. Can't hit anything smaller than a nuclear carrier with an iron-bomb. I'm spoiled by the A-10C's CCIP and CCRP... :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Is not that hard... there are already depression tables for each bomb type if u want to study a lot or make your life easier... i just did everything "by eye" and it's a quite fun learning curve.

k9bNgsH.gif

you sure gave that tin can a bad day... :smilewink:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control