Igor Tishin 1961 - 2018

Chizh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Since 2004 when I discovered this team, it has, and remains to give me the very best experience of combat simulation. I want to thank Igor for his part in that. Condolences to his family and friends, RIP and fly high brother.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

My condolences to his family and friends.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

R.I.P.

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just heard of this.

This is the first time I’ve been on ED’s boards since 2006; I was drawn by the news of the F-16’s release, and this is sad news to see on my first day back. I used to be on staff at Simulation Headquarters (SimHQ.com) and was one of the beta testers for Microprose’s “Falcon 4.0” in the 1990s. I was an early adopter of the Flanker series starting with the original 1.0 Commander’s Edition, and in the mid-200s at SimHQ I wrote a series of fictional stories set in a fictional Abkhazia, using the predecessor to DCS World as a basis, starring a Russian character named Alexandra “Sacha” Andreeva. Igor was a fan of that work, and wrote me to help me fine tune her characterization and make her more authentically Russian-as an American and former military veteran I wasn’t up on their culture and made a lot of mistakes early on. Long ago I had a lot of friends working for ED thanks to Sacha’s adventures (Wags, you might remember me), and for all of you I’m so sorry to hear this news and more so that I missed it. I’ve been away from flight sims for many years.

Godspeed, Igor. And thank you for all you did to make the lives of so many military aviation enthusiasts more rich. On both ends of the rifle we soldiers are the same, and in the world of the game we set aside political and cultural differences and embrace that fact. You knew that, and your example often reminded me of it.

Miao, Cat

• 5 weeks later...

R.I.P. Igor!

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I’m very sad to hear this and my prayers go out to Igor’s family and the ED team.

The man is a legend for having been part of developing such a phenomenal and in depth simulation that so many enjoy. He has brought countless hours of happiness to so many people and that is something rare.

Rest well Igor.

• 9 months later...

So, more than two years passed, people still leaving their memories and whishes! That is a good sign! God bless you a good man Igor!

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber