Flaps Switch - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
BonzoDCS

Default Flaps Switch

Hi,

I have some trouble with getting the flaps switch to work on Warthog throttle. By default, the flaps switch is bound to FLAPS UP/MVR/DN. But I'm using a TARGET profile for some reasons, and with that I can't get it right. Because the binding options are different, I can only set like 'move flaps up/down'.

How can I change this so it works properly as a three-position switch for UP/MVR/DOWN? I guess it involves editing some .lua but I'm kinda clueless when it comes to this.

Thanks,

Bonzo
Old 02-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Ziptie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoDCS View Post
Hi,

I have some trouble with getting the flaps switch to work on Warthog throttle. By default, the flaps switch is bound to FLAPS UP/MVR/DN. But I'm using a TARGET profile for some reasons, and with that I can't get it right. Because the binding options are different, I can only set like 'move flaps up/down'.

How can I change this so it works properly as a three-position switch for UP/MVR/DOWN? I guess it involves editing some .lua but I'm kinda clueless when it comes to this.

Thanks,

Bonzo
Mine works as it should, without TARGET.... not sure why it wouldn’t with it. TARGET seems to cause issues.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
Ziptie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
BonzoDCS

It's probably because the Warthog HOTAS has it's own set of bindings. But I can't understand why it can't just work like most other switches with three position.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
PhoenixRising

I had the same problem. I modified the DCS_WORLD_DIRECTORY\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\default.lua by adding the following values.

{down = 3002, value_down = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Up", category = _('Systems'), },
{down = 3002, value_down = 0.5, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Mnvr", category = _('Systems'), },
{down = 3002, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Down", category = _('Systems'), },

I use JGSME so I can remove it and re-enable is after an update. I did have to set each position on the flap switch to its own DX button.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-14-2020 at 11:29 PM.
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:20 AM   #5
BonzoDCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I had the same problem. I modified the DCS_WORLD_DIRECTORY\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\default.lua by adding the following values.

{down = 3002, value_down = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Up", category = _('Systems'), },
{down = 3002, value_down = 0.5, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Mnvr", category = _('Systems'), },
{down = 3002, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = 39, name = "Flap Position Down", category = _('Systems'), },

I use JGSME so I can remove it and re-enable is after an update. I did have to set each position on the flap switch to its own DX button.

Awesome, thanks! That one solved it.

Cheers,

Bonzo
Old 02-15-2020, 01:44 AM   #6
PhoenixRising

Glad that it helped.
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote