Priming in FW190 A8/D9

grafspee

What is this feature. i have never used that in both planes.

I don't know about BMW801 but jumo213 is direct fuel injected, so classical priming doesn't make any sense here

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The D9 has a priming pump regardless. Left console towards the rear. I usually give her about 10 pushes just because.

Unless priming pump is injecting something different then standard fuel maybe some highly explosive for example mercury fulminate :P

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I don't know what it injects into the manifold, but AFAIK the real thing had one as well. Ether?

Probably right, something flammable and volatile :)

Maybe it's simply to pressurise the fuel lines?

IIRC the correct sequence is to switch on the fuel pumps to pressurize the feeder lines first, then push the handpump 10 times in order to inject fuel into the manifold. So I don't think it's that.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well, DB engines were fuel injected as well, but we've got good old priming pump in the 109 too, don't we? There must have been some reason for that.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.