Need some help hosting a mission for a total noob - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
moespeeds

Default Need some help hosting a mission for a total noob

Hey guys, I've been playing DCS for over 2 years, and often hosted missions for myself and my friends. I'd simply select multiplayer, host the mission, and we'd all go fly it.

Suddenly, a few months back this stopped working. Now nobody sees my server, and can't connect to my IP. The IP DCS pulls is my public IP. I'm not sure what changed?

I did have a router change around the time it all stopped, and DCS had that update where people couldn't see servers.

Can anyone point me to some troubleshooting tips? Server is public, IP seems correct and using port 10308 if that matters. Do I have to set something in the new router?

Thanks in advance!
http://www.vvma-231.com/
Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron?
We are recruiting!
moespeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #2
Maverick87Shaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by moespeeds View Post
Hey guys, I've been playing DCS for over 2 years, and often hosted missions for myself and my friends. I'd simply select multiplayer, host the mission, and we'd all go fly it.

Suddenly, a few months back this stopped working. Now nobody sees my server, and can't connect to my IP. The IP DCS pulls is my public IP. I'm not sure what changed?

I did have a router change around the time it all stopped, and DCS had that update where people couldn't see servers.

Can anyone point me to some troubleshooting tips? Server is public, IP seems correct and using port 10308 if that matters. Do I have to set something in the new router?

Thanks in advance!
Yes for sure you need to port forward the Port ( 10308 or whatever you want ) to you local ip address. Every router/brand has their own procedure.
FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 2700x | RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz running at 2600Mhz (Damn RyZen!) | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 2080 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD SATAIII Crucial MX300 750GB | Device: VirPil T-50, ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle and Pedals, TrackHat, MFD Cougar.
Server => [ITA] Banshee | PersianConquest PvE | Live Map&Stats & [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE
Maverick87Shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #3
moespeeds

Last night I had an experienced IT guy go through all my settings.

We forwarded port 10308, and corrected my ip address. (it was wrong)
We also went over my Windows firewall settings.

I still cannot host a mission, WTF...
http://www.vvma-231.com/
Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron?
We are recruiting!
moespeeds is offline   Reply With Quote