The New cockpit - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #11
martinistripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I know this is disappointing, but I wanted to let you guys know as soon as we did.
First thing I did when I saw the 2.5.6 changelog was CTRL-F and ka
Old 02-14-2020, 11:28 PM   #12
Rogue Trooper

In VR the Kamov is just a highly destructive tank with blades.
The Pit will be a sweet upgrade...…………. waiting...… patiently.

HP pro Reverb, Steam VR SS set to 100%, DCS Pixel Density set to 1.0 (this may vary down).
True IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. Windows VR setting IPD is 65mm and may go higher to push the peripheral focus. DCS forced IPD at 62.5 and will probably go down into the higher 50s.
VR Driver system:
I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:39 AM   #13
ngreenaway

Not to be an ingrate, but I think I can do without the new pit. Without having English initially, and I'm highly doubtful a blue pit will be an option in any case, I'm perfectly satisfied with the Ricardo blue English pit for bs2
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:18 AM   #14
Rogue Trooper

Roll on the new pit.... I flew the ruskie pit for years until the English pit was available!
I will manage it again.... it is all muscle memory from here on in.

I do like the blue pit though.
I prefer the blue!

HP pro Reverb, Steam VR SS set to 100%, DCS Pixel Density set to 1.0 (this may vary down).
True IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. Windows VR setting IPD is 65mm and may go higher to push the peripheral focus. DCS forced IPD at 62.5 and will probably go down into the higher 50s.
VR Driver system:
I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3200 Hz. No OC at the mo.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:54 AM   #15
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreenaway View Post
Not to be an ingrate, but I think I can do without the new pit. Without having English initially, and I'm highly doubtful a blue pit will be an option in any case, I'm perfectly satisfied with the Ricardo blue English pit for bs2
It will most likely drop the next release, so if you really dont want to, and you dont do MP, you can stay on the current version, but no other way to keep the older version.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #16
SPAS79

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinistripes View Post
First thing I did when I saw the 2.5.6 changelog was CTRL-F and ka
Same here.

Then ended up in this thread as I was starting to think I had dreamt of the whole thing. Oh well, can wait another week.
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #17
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware that the new cockpit will most likely miss this week's update, and be seen next week, I know this is disappointing, but I wanted to let you guys know as soon as we did.

Also, coming later, there will be an English cockpit option, I know a few of you have been asking.
Thanks for keeping us informed .. I'm so thankful to see the old bird still getting updates, I purchased her back on 2014 ... I've lost count of all the hours of enjoyment that she has given me.

I will purchase BS3 mostly as a way to help support the helo, as I feel that 6 years of use is more than enough for a 40 bucks purchase

Kudos to all the ED team!

Eduardo
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #18
ngreenaway

Quote:
It will most likely drop the next release, so if you really dont want to, and you dont do MP, you can stay on the current version, but no other way to keep the older version.
Que será, será. I don't play MP, but opting out of updates means im not likely to ever see the jf-17 that I paid for on day one. In any case, I'm on stable and it looks like ED has their hands full with the 256 rollout, so it may be awhile till the updated cockpit comes my way.

My reason for preferring a blue pit is that instruments stand out more and are easier to read in vr
ngreenaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:02 PM   #19
20thBG_Blackwolf

Same here, for VR the blue pit looks better, IMO.

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows
20thBG_Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #20
randomTOTEN

My personal preference is Blue Cyrillic
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote