TGP FLIR blanks out on impacts/certain zoom levels?

Nealius

I was flying a mission up into central Iran and found the TGP FLIR to be useless. Whenever there was an impact, the FLIR (regardless of WHOT/BHOT) would completely blank out. At certain zoom levels it would also blank out.

Typically after an impact, NARO or zoomed-in would blank out, with WIDE or zoomed-out working fine.

After a period of time and before the next attack run, WIDE or zoomed-out would blank out, with NARO or zoomed-in working fine.

TV mode was unaffected by any of this.

Long Track File

That sounds right ish for a flir sensor being overloaded.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yup that looks abnormal. I haven't flown AG in the viper lately but it didn't used to do that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Great, so it appears to be a DCS-wide issue. I recall the A-10 had the same blobby smoke problem ages ago, but having the entire screen saturated is a new one. I thought I had cleared my fxo and metashaders folders before this mission, but it's possible I didn't.

I fly the viper every day and have yet to see it, that's wild. I don't use narrow, but I do zoom in. Maybe it has something to do with that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

The 3 Tgp (A10-F16-F18 ) are also working ok in Bhot/Whot modes on my side actually (but I had the bug before).

What is different from before on my side is that I'm not able to break it again by changing options (before, just changing chimney smoke to other than zero, or changing AA would break Flir but now I'm unable).

I use latest NV driver (445.87) installed with prior cleanup of previous driver, BUT I've also done something new that maybe you can try, Nealius and others, if your Flir is still broken :

I've deleted Directx Shader Cache using windows Admin Tools / Disk Cleanup / C: / and tick if not already ticked directx shader cache.

Just in case there is a relation - IDK for sure and what "seems" to works for one have random chances to work for another…

I just tried again after setting chimney smoke to 0 and deleting fxo/metashaders folders.

Same problem.

I'll try updating my Nvidia drivers, and might try a mission with static weather instead of dynamic weather. If those don't fix it, I'll mess with the DirectX Shader Cache.

Before you all go deep diving into changing your computer settings, please note that it is a work in progress.

Poking without a good walkback might brake more than it fixes.

Horror story from 4 days ago. Some streamer had a problem with his game of choice and said..."well I have to reinstall windows to fix it". :joystick:

So if a light bulb stops working, do u rewire the hole house ?? ;)

Be careful outthere :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've deleted Directx Shader Cache using windows Admin Tools / Disk Cleanup / C: / and tick if not already ticked directx shader cache.
Had the same issues and deleting the DirectX-Shadercache fixed it (at least for the F-16C).

Thx for your hint! :thumbup:

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Updated Nvidia Drivers.

Updated DCS.

Deleted fxo and metashaders2 for the millionth time.

Cleaned DirectX Shaders cache from my C drive.

I still get a blanked TGP every single time.

What's interesting, is that when I fly 2D airstart, the TGP works perfectly fine. When I fly VR cold start, it gets blanked out.

Updated Nvidia Drivers.

Updated DCS.

What's interesting, is that when I fly 2D airstart, the TGP works perfectly fine. When I fly VR cold start, it gets blanked out.

Obviously we only can wait until ED fixes this issue: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4327048&postcount=5

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Updated Nvidia Drivers.

Updated DCS.

That's a bummer man.

I haven't really seen this with the Jeff TGP, since that's all I've been flying most recently.

Does it do it on all your TGP's or just the viper?

By updated DCS I assume you mean you did the "repair", and you aren't running any mods?

• 3 weeks later...

Ran the Hornet and it's an issue with the Hornet too. Just a DCS-wide problem.

I've narrowed it down to the smoke. Even an SA-2 launch will blank out the TGP, then once the smoke plume disappears the TGP view comes back.

• 3 weeks later...